openHASP: An MQTT driven Touchscreen / Scene controller

6 Likes

screenshot screenshot-1

1 Like

I am pleased to say that I have used a wet weekend to get my first WT32-SC01 set up with openhasp 0.60. I am impressed. However I have yet to do any real UI design, just building from examples in the docs.

Barriers

1. forgetting my mqtt username
  2. reading ALL the docs
  3. WAF - she thinks we have enough half developed screens

Got there really easily in the end though.

Has anyone got any idea on how to mount this thing? The mounting holes seem, err, difficult.

That’s the main reason why Lanbon L8 is a great alternative. It’s ready from factory, looks good and fits in a standard wall junction box. And it’s got one of the best ESP32 models included with psram.

Yeah I have two of those waiting too.

@robi do you have the code available publicly for any of your wonderful setups? I must say I am struggling to get something look good.

Or for that matter are there configs available for the setups in post 1 above?

My entire work is published in the examples. Some of the new designs like the new thermostat and the weather panels are dependent on new firmware features. As soon as a new version gets released, the docs will be updated with the new examples.

1 Like

Awww sheeet all I had to do was click on the example picture and it brings up a whole page on it.

Dumbass found it, many many thanks!

Weather config available:
https://haswitchplate.github.io/openHASP-docs/0.6/integrations/home-assistant/sampl_conf/#current-weather-and-forecasts

(currently need to upload icons one by one to the plate)

1 Like

is there a writeup how to use this with a raspberry and waveshare display? I have some laying around here and would like giving it a shot :slight_smile:

Received my first Lanbon L8 today, PCB version is V1.15 (20200521) and it does not include the temperature sensor.

Agreed, the front panel does seem to become slightly warm, which would affect the sensor readings!

1 Like

Afaik this project only supports esp8266, esp32 and STM32F4.

Updated, see link above.

2 Likes

Wt32-sc01 with a sonoff t1 as a base(for power and relays) with a 3d printed bezel snug fit stays in nicely

Nice, and where would I find that bezel?

do you have a 3d printer

I can access one.

Hi there.

Congrats.
This is a great project.

2 Likes

Not sure why but now I can’t seem to SSH to the device (M5Stack Core2). Same static IP. Just moved it to another room where it’s final place will be. I can ping it and it connects to MQTT and HA. I just suddenly get “Connection Refused” from puTTY (ports 22 or 23). Thoughts?

Probably because openhasp does not have ssh.

1 Like