openHASP: An MQTT driven Touchscreen / Scene controller

Hmmm. I was communicating to it through puTTY, via IP address, connected to
USB. Must have been Telnet rather than SSH. Ok. I still can’t Telnet to it anymore. “Timed out” errors.

Does the built in web page work?

Yes it does. Connects to mqtt/HA as usual as well.

Ok telnet works on port 23, not 22. You mentioned 22. Make sure putty is set to telnet protocol and port 23.

If you’re still stuck, use nmap to scan the device.

nmap -p0-65536 ip_of_openhasp

1 Like

Yes, I was using telnet/port 23 on puTTY without success. I ran an nmap scan on Windows overnight and it still hadn’t completed or given any interim info so I canceled it and scanned -p 0-25 on Linux and saw that port 23/telnet was open on the device. So, I found that I could telnet from my Linux machine via RDP connection without problems but puTTY Windows would give a blank screen and time out.
I also have recently installed NoMachine (RDP alternative) on my Linux server and one Windows laptop. Haven’t had time to set this up or anything but the timing of the install is close to when things started going awry, so I uninstalled from both machines.Then:
-uninstalled puTTY
-reflashed OpenHASP
-flushed Windows DNS cache
-reinstalled puTTY

Now it looks like things are working again. Time to break something else :slight_smile:
Thanks for the help. I’ll be back soon with some other configuration questions.

1 Like

I’m happy to announce the release of openHASP 0.6.1. Please check out the release notes for the notable changes.

1 Like

@fvanroie
i’ve ordered a Lanbon device to set this up but wondering if there was a way to develop the pages etc on a windows device and test it before the screen turns up.
like in this video:

You need to compile the Native Windows build yourself using Visual Studio Code and MSYS2.
It is mainly used for development and testing, but you can use it to create some pages too.
Put the pages.jsonl file in the %appdata%\hasp\hasp folder.

so some progress. seems like it fails to install this package:
Library Manager: Installing git+https://github.com/fvanroie/lv_lib_split_jpg.git

am i doing something wrong?

Whoops, that repository doesn’t exist anymore and was removed because it’s not being used. :confused:
I updated the environment, please do a git pull and try to compile again.

so tried the git pull, said that it was upto date still.
removed and re-cloned git, same issue.
found the package online here: lvgl/lv_lib_split_jpg - githubmemory
updated the windows_sdl_64bits.ini:
#git+https://github.com/fvanroie/lv_lib_split_jpg.git
git+https://github.com/lvgl/lv_lib_split_jpg.git

now getting this in the build log:

In file included from src\hasp_gui.cpp:15:
src\drv/touch/touch_driver.h:67:2: warning: #warning Building for Generic Touch [-Wcpp]
   67 | #warning Building for Generic Touch
      |  ^~~~~~~
In file included from .pio\libdeps\windows_sdl_64bits\lv_lib_split_jpg/lv_sjpg.h:18,
                 from src\hasp_gui.cpp:43:
.pio\libdeps\windows_sdl_64bits\lv_lib_split_jpg/tjpgd.h:18:23: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef long unsigned int uint32_t'
   18 | typedef unsigned long uint32_t;
      |                       ^~~~~~~~
In file included from C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.3.0/include/stdint.h:9,
                 from C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/10.3.0/cstdint:41,
                 from C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/10.3.0/bits/char_traits.h:699,
                 from C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/10.3.0/string:40,
                 from src\hasplib.h:10,
                 from src\hasp_gui.cpp:4:
C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/stdint.h:40:20: note: previous declaration as 'typedef unsigned int uint32_t'
   40 | typedef unsigned   uint32_t;
      |                    ^~~~~~~~
In file included from .pio\libdeps\windows_sdl_64bits\lv_lib_split_jpg/lv_sjpg.h:18,
                 from src\hasp_gui.cpp:43:
.pio\libdeps\windows_sdl_64bits\lv_lib_split_jpg/tjpgd.h:19:16: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef long int int32_t'
   19 | typedef long   int32_t;
      |                ^~~~~~~
In file included from C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.3.0/include/stdint.h:9,
                 from C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/10.3.0/cstdint:41,
                 from C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/10.3.0/bits/char_traits.h:699,
                 from C:/msys64/mingw64/include/c++/10.3.0/string:40,
                 from src\hasplib.h:10,
                 from src\hasp_gui.cpp:4:
C:/msys64/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/stdint.h:39:14: note: previous declaration as 'typedef int int32_t'
   39 | typedef int  int32_t;
      |              ^~~~~~~
*** [.pio\build\windows_sdl_64bits\src\hasp_gui.o] Error 1

Found the issue, please git pull again. 3rd time is a charm… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

boom!
and there is was haha
thanks for your help.

additionally - is there a quick way to reload to objects file?

Nice work, I really like the look of this, could I have the 3D model you created for this?

1 Like

Me too please.

couple of questions:
1 - can you refresh the yaml files that sit on HA without restarting HA?
2- who uses a home page that display after use that displays values from the house? i currently have temp in room, outside temp, min and max for tomorrow, solar production, grid use and battery levels.

not 100% happy with it but not sure how to pretty it up.

1 Like

Not currently.

screenshot screenshot screenshot

2 Likes

openHASP can detect the state when the plate is disconnected from the network:

https://haswitchplate.github.io/openHASP-docs/0.6.1/integrations/examples/example-offlinehandling/

I am probably being thick. I cannot see a way to display a dynamic image, for example the current album image in a media player front end?

is a little rough

3 Likes