OpenMqttGateway - 433 MHz

It refers to this:

{“model”:“Nexa-Security”,“id”:38428816,“channel”:3,“state”:“ON”,“unit”:3,“group”:0,“protocol”:“Nexa”,“rssi”:-100,“duration”:229593}’

Great!! The Senor works! :smiley:
Some problems, I’m editing in Studio Code Server, and this gives me a lot of red warnings!
Now for the switch… :upside_down_face:

One question comes to my mind, if I want the buttons on a remote acts just as buttons, ie not as a device that can be on or off. If I have a remote with some pairs of button, I just want the event that the (pair 1, on)-button was pressed. Like in Z2M, that button was pressed. Stateless buttons.

Thank You!

1 Like

And I should not tap on the cell phone when writing messages. At least not with auto corrections turned on!
My fingers are to big!

This now works like a charm:

• binary_sensor:
    name: “Plug1”
    state_topic: “home/omg_lilygo_1/RTL_433toMQTT/Nexa-Security/3/38428816”
    value_template: “{{ value_json.state }}”
    payload_on: “ON”
    payload_off: “OFF”

But now the switch…

• switch:
    # command_topic: “home/omg_lilygo_1/commands/MQTTtoRTL_433”
    command_topic: “home/omg_lilygo_1/RTL_433toMQTT/Nexa-Security/3/38428816/set”
    state_on: “ON”
    state_off: “OFF”

Works in the “sensor-part”, if I send something from the tellstick, the switch changes.
But if I toggle the switch in HA and it has to do with the command topic.
I have tried the out commented as well.
I feel I need to supply the “3”, “38428816” and the protocol somehow.

It is possible you need something like MQTTtoRTL_433 for the command, similar to the SRFBtoMQTT / MQTTtoSRFB I have for my Sonoff RFBridges.

Yes, I think so.

command_topic: “home/omg_lilygo_1/commands/MQTTtoRTL_433”

But what more?

try
command_topic: “home/omg_lilygo_1/MQTTtoRTL_433/Nexa-Security/3/38428816/set”

I’ve tried that,

switch:
command_topic: “home/omg_lilygo_1/RTL_433toMQTT/Nexa-Security/3/38428816/set”
state_on: “ON”
state_off: “OFF”

Ah, now I see an error, I’ll try that!
Thanks!

Didn’t work, but a strange behavior though:
When I turn on the switch in HA, after a little while it flips back, ME->on, Automagic->off…

Commands will not work with RTL_433, it only supports reception for now.

Ah, ha, ha, that’s why it doesn’t work. I’ve ben struggling a bit, scratching my hair! :joy:

Some other tip to send 433 MHz on the OMG ?

BTW,
Somwhere on a server at home I have something, implemented in Java, that acts as a GW between Tellstick Net V1 and a connected software.
The software I used at the time was tellstickd, that controled my lamps.
Originally tellstickd was designed for direct connection with a tellstick dongle, but I invested in a Tellstick Net V1 and wanted that to work. I remember that there were some encoding and decoding for protocols like Nexa and Arctech switches, Maybe that can help you?

Can I run multiple *toMQTT on OMG, one that produces the raw and RTL_433toMQTT?

I want the SRFBtoMQTT and RTL_433toMQTT running at the same time, temporarily.
Just to get the number for on and off.
Then turn SRFBtoMQTT off and use that in the command topic.

Your LilyGo board only supports the rtl_433 or BLE module.

If and how SRFBtoMQTT, or any of the other RF modules, would show anything for your device is uncertain, but you’d need a different gateway set up to test this. As described at

https://docs.openmqttgateway.com/setitup/rf.html

That means that my set is not able to send on 433 MHz at all !!
At least at the moment!

Correct, the rtl_433 module is receive only, and the LilyGo board can only support rtl_433 or BLE.

Useless then!

Sorry, got a bit annoyed yesterday.
It is often the case for open source projects that all functionality is not implemented.
It becomes annoying when you discover this after wearing your hair for a week or so.
Is it complicated to try to implement this? I’ve had a look on Github, but it seems a little messy to me.
Now I only watch via the web browser. I have earlier made a gateway for Tellstick Net V1 for a tellstickd, but that was in Java though I’m more into C.