OpenWeatherMap: How to get low temperature forecast?

I can access a temperature forecast like this:

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      temp_forecast_1:
        value_template: {{ state_attr('weather.openweathermap', 'forecast')[1].temperature }}

How can I do the same for sensor.openweathermap_forecast_temperature_low ?

1 Like

It should also make sensors for that. I think it’s named sensor.openweathermap_forecast_temperature_low You could also get the corresponding low temp value as you do for temperature (aka, the second forecast)

{{ state_attr('weather.openweathermap', 'forecast')[1].templow }}
2 Likes

Perfect, many thanks! How can I visualize the data structure of entities (so I can see what’s in them), i.e. how could I have found out that the attribute I am looking for is “templow” by myself?

1 Like

Just go to development tools => states and you can find (and search for) all entities and their values.

1 Like

Many thanks for your tip! I clearly need to spend more time reading through all of the (massive) documentation :smiley:

my openweathermap has no templow or temphigh?

is this removed?

Is anyone else getting values for the sensor “openweathermap_forecast_temperature_low”? Mine is always “unknown”, but the high forecast is working fine.

When I look at the Open Weather Map API response

The OpenWeatherMap API seems to return suitable information (URL is https://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/onecall?units=metric&exclude=minutely,hourly&lat=41.29&lon=174.77&appid= but I removed the API key)

“daily”:[{"dt":1657238400,"sunrise":1657212903,"sunset":1657266980,"moonrise":1657244160,"moonset":1657196280,"moon_phase":0.28,"temp":{"day":16.08,"min":16.05,"max":16.96,"night":16.5,"eve":16.96,"morn":16.81}

2 Likes

FYI mine is also always “unknown”. not sure why.

3 Likes

I also have this problem. Any ideas?

1 Like

I also have this issue now.

1 Like

It was a while ago when I solved this but I think I had to mess with these settings and it started to work

1 Like

I can confirm that setting the OpenWeatherMap to “onecall_daily” fixed this for me. Thanks so much @Hoggin !!

2 Likes