OpenZwave group associations

Hi, I have been using OpenZwave beta integration for a few months now, and then one thing I cant work out is how to set a node association.
Does the current beta support associations or is this to come?
If it does, is there any documentation I can be pointed at?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks
CVR

It does.

Sure thing.

Thanks for the info
Sorry for the noob question,
Would I send this association via homeassistant or MQTT explore?

I think I got it worked out… Thanks you so much

1 Like

I have the same question. May I ask how you solved this?

Hi @Freddan101

After a bit of digging this is what I did to get it working.
I used MQTT Explore
publish an event to topic “OpenZWave/1/command/addassociation/”

{
“node”:67,
“group”: 3,
“target”: “73”
}

Params:
​ “node” - uint8: The NodeID to test
​ “group” - uint8: The Association Group you wish to add a member to
“target” - string: The Target Node you wish to send notifications to for this group.

most of the info I got from this.

in my case, my node had 3 devices. so I had to look at the group related to my switch(Switch2) which was group 3. you can see all this in MQTTExplorer under associations.

Hope this helps. Let me know if something is not clear

CVR

3 Likes

Many thanks @fastie81. Seems I got it to work. :slight_smile:

i’m trying to do this for one of my devices but i cant get it to work, could you guide me on the right way

1 Like

Same. Trying to associate two devices, MQTT response is ok, but if I check the association afterwards it’s not there and also does not work.

You’re doing it wrong. You’ve messed up the topics as well, restart your ozwdaemon.

@firstof9 that was exactly what I was afraid of. Is it possible you could try to explain what I have done wrong and how I do it right, I would like to learn this, so understanding what I have done wrong and learning what I shall do to get it right would help me.

It’s properly outlined in the previous post.

Topic: OpenZWave/1/command/addassociation/ <— Note the trailing / SUPER important.
Example payload:

{
"node":67,
"group": 3,
"target": "73"
}
1 Like

Hmm okay if i understand it correct, it should look like this

{
“node”:27,
“group”: 2,
“target”: “27.2”
}

I Get this error

Incorrect, you are using the ‘fancy’ quotes, look at my example again.

Okay That was embarrassing. i will try again

That looks correct to me.

I have done it with all the 14 endpoints and did a restart my HA and the OpenZWave Beta, but i cant get a return signal, it just keeps switching back, du eny of you have a idea to where i have to look for that problem?

Maybe you could explain what you are trying to do? It looks like you’ve associated a node to itself, which is a bizarre thing to do.

1 Like

@freshcoast
Okay i got a multichannel device with 10 outputs and 4 inputs, in the manual says i have to associate the outputs with the main device
ZIF5020: Interface for Underfloor Heating (12-24V) - Logic Group (logic-group.com)