OPNsense Integration

one does not simply reboot a freebsd router

1 Like

I’m moving from pfSense to Opensense after they decided to drop their home lab tier. Thank you for this integration!

1 Like

Awesome to see this, have it up and running on day 2 of migration from pfsense to OPNsense. I only had pfsense for a week though so I’m really very new to having so much control of the home network.

Can this integration control the DNS Blocklist setting for Unbound DNS, instead of just the whole service?

Option is here:
/ui/unbound/dnsbl/index

Reason for this is that I built a nice script for my HA dashboard that would conveniently disable adblocking (via adbguard) in 5 minute increments for the odd time that we wanted it to be. I can set up adguard in OPNsense but I think keeping it all in system would be preferable if I can achieve the same thing using this integration.

Not implemented no. If you could open an issue on github I can track the feature request and eventually get around to it.

I have created a GitHub discussion item about this already, will that suffice?

1 Like

Hi all…love this and very helpful in keeping track of what is going on and some minor controls. Has anyone tried to use this to track total upload/download volume as I would like to have a sense check against what my ISP is recording for monthly billing?

Would it be as simple as aggregating the inbytes_kilobytes_per_second & outbytes_kilobytes_per_second sensor data per day/week/month etc to get the download/upload totals?

Hi all :slight_smile: Nice integration. I have some services with the same name (for example 5 times “dpinger”. I see if i activate the server status that i can stop start the first dpinger in my opnsense. Is it possible to do the same with the other dpingers?

Some of my services need some extra love and i would love to know from home assistant when they need attention and preferable also stop start them from there.

Can you open an issue on github to track that? I suspect the api is returning several and it may need some cleaning up in the integration.

Ok, done :slight_smile:

I really appreciate your integration, firstly because it’s more responsive in updating device trackers than the built-in integration is.

I wonder how it’ll go when devices disappear from the network for longer than the arp cache time - will they just become ‘unavailable’? Also is there a way of adding known devices to the device tracker list while they’re not actually on the network? I know their MAC addresses and actually they have static leases from the OPNsense DHCP server, but because they’re not here right now they’re not in the arp cache so I can’t configure device tracker entities for them.

I am getting constant warnings in my HA logs that seem to come every few minutes.

/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:1061: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made to host '192.168.0.1'. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/1.26.x/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings warnings.warn(

But I definitely untickt’d the verify SSL setting when setting this up. How do I make this go away? Any assistance on this is appreciated.

is there anything new about this issue on Github? I tried to install it after moving from pfsense to opnsense, but also get this error when configuring:

Did you hear anything new? It looks pretty quiet on GitHub.

last month was the latest release i can see

Somehow one cant find it in HACS o.o
you have to manually add the github repo?

Yes, if you scroll down and look at the Readme in github there is a section called HomeAssistant_integration that describes the steps.