Opower integration with solar generation, or other local electrical metering

The new Opower integration is fantastic. Really great that I can get several years of historical usage data & costs from my utility, going back to even before the Energy dashboard existed!
What I’m wondering, though, is how I’d combine the use of Opower, which has data delivered on a 48h delay, with the real time data that’s generated by my solar system, or direct readings from a smart meter.
If I add the consumption and grid return values I can get from my solar equipment, it seems like it’d throw off the graphs of data older than 48H, when the Opower gets populated and the electricity flows start getting double-counted.
Is there some way to set up the energy dashboard to use realtime data until it is aged out/replaced by the Opower feed’s data rather than have them double up my consumption and export?

I’m wondering if/how/when additional providers will be added to the integration. I’m an Arizona Public Service customer, and they apparently use Opower. Would be great to get my electricity consumption integrated since I already have my SolarEdge production in there.

1 Like

Wanted to bump this up with the new version- How would someone use both a solar integration and Opower together to populate the energy dashboard?

This isn’t currently possible. The Opower integration could be changed to populate missing recent data from statistics of another sensor configurable in the options. I don’t have such plans.

Thanks for the reply! I think it would probably be best if anything like that were implemented in the energy dashboard/at a system level rather than an individual integration, it wouldn’t make sense to turn this into a opower feature when there’s a lot of use cases where there’s a need to collect (duplicative) data from multiple sources due to update frequency or reliability concerns. I put in a FR here: Resolve/combine multiple energy sources in Energy Dashboard

I just upgraded to Home Assistant OS 11.1, after it rebooted the Opower integration isn’t able to provide any of its sensors anymore, they are all gone. Re-adding the integration doesn’t make any difference.

Maybe OPower API endpoint is down for PG&E? I don’t have that many configuration options; and, no errors show when I turn on debug logging. What’s the trick to make this integration work again?

UPDATE: The reason this happened was that my billing cycle just ended… AND I had also deleted my integration. So, when I added the integration back (specifying my zipcode) the sensors would not populate in the integration. I had to wait one more day before the sensors automatically populated again in the integration. Pretty weird… I guess that’s something that can’t be avoided.