OR + AND conditions for Conditional Card

The Lovelace Conditional Card is great but I feel it could be made more useful if OR conditions were possible. Perhaps we could have new options in the configuration variables; you could have conditions_and plus conditions_or available. One or the other to be used.

Just voted for this. Bit surprised itā€™s not implemented really!

4 Likes

Agreed - Iā€™m relatively new to hassio and was shocked to find that you couldnā€™t use OR on the conditional cards. This seems to dramatically limit functionality!

This seems to be incredibly limiting to functionality and seems to require bizzare work-arounds

I wouldnā€™t call making a template binary sensor ā€œbizarreā€, but it does seem unnecessary.

Iā€™d also love to see ā€˜ORā€™ implemented in the conditions card. The workarounds are unnecessarily complex. +1 vote.

1 Like

I agree with you. +1

+10! :stuck_out_tongue: but please :slight_smile:

You are about template binary sensor?

Yes itā€™s one more entity for this simple task.

+1 from me to OR condition to conditional card

Plus Oneā€¦

Plus one - would be very helpful!

Plus One here too

Sometimes it can be possible to solve what you need with AND combinations and the state_not: xxx option

+1 (y)
saves me in creating a template binary sensors just for this purpose.

Gotta throw my vote in here as well. I have a timer card that displays time remaining and I would love to condense that down to only running timers or have it go away when no timers are running.

+1. Need to show the batteries status, if any of them is low.

+1. Real world example: Our pool and spa temps are only valid when pumping water. I can use a conditional card for the pool temp gauge when the main pump is on. But I also want to conditionally show spa temperature when either the main pool pump or the spa pump is on.

If I want to do that today, I think I have to synthesize a sensor for this purpose. Kind of a pain given that I only need this for a Lovelace gauge.

+1 here for me

+1.

Like to see the standard condition as in automations.

condition: or
conditions:
  - condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.abc
    above: '0'
  - condition: state
    entity_id: alert.bbb
    state: 'on'

etc. Well known syntax from automations and scripts and with capability of and, or, nested and and or, ā€¦

5 Likes

+1 for me. Currently, we we a template to do itā€¦

+1. I also need it.