Orange Pi 3 2GB and 8GB emmc

I love my set up now, if you are looking at going away from an SBC, NUCs are a great option.

Does bluetooth_tracker works with your NUC?
I have a NUC8I3BEH and intsalled Hassio in a vm in VIrtualbox… loading a vid image…
Virtualbox detect intel bluetooth device… bat Hassio don’t recognize it.

I can’t answer that, I use the Unifi WiFi tracking component for around the house, and Zanzito via MQTT for GPS tracking.

bluetooth tracker is very very fast to detect people in and out of house, more fast tha any wifi device.
I use bluetooth in addiction to router wifi detection.

If you had Ubiquiti equipment and use Unifi tracking component, you wouldn’t make this comment. But if you are happy using Bluetooth, then no problem.

I’m using the Orange Pi 3. I don’t know how useful my review will be, since this is my first Home Assistant install, so I don’t really have a basis for comparison. I of course wasn’t able to use hass.io or any of the other simpler installation methods, but using the Ubuntu Server image from the Orange Pi site, I was able to follow the venv instructions for installing Home Assistant, and it’s been working great. (one thing to note here: the gpio group does not exist on the Orange Pi Ubuntu Server image, so I had to leave that out - not sure whether that will impact the ability to access the GPIO pins) The only issue I’ve run into so far is something I’m pretty sure is a software/configuration issue: I sometimes am unable to get the frontend to load over the Tor Hidden Service I’ve set up.

In summary: this seems to be very capable hardware, and hasn’t given me any trouble. It helps that I’m rather familiar with Linux since I wasn’t able to use one of the more ready-made installation methods, but it’s been pretty smooth sailing so far. :tangerine::pie:

That link isn’t working for me, do you have another?

Did you tried the Orange Pi Prime Hassio image on your Orange Pi 3?

The Hassio image won’t work for Orange Pi 3 until Hassio is released using at least the Linux 5.2 kernel, which probably won’t happen until Linux releases a new Long Term Support release for Linux 5.x, as it seems to me Hassio is using only LTS releases of Linux kernel. Maybe the OrangePi 3 board support will be backported to 4.14 (used by Hassio) or 4.19 (latest LTS), in which case it can be supported by Hassio.

Some info here:
https://linux-sunxi.org/Xunlong_Orange_Pi_3

1 Like

I just installed hass.io on my Orange Pi 3 “Ubuntu Bionic with Armbian Linux 5.3.9-sunxi64”
Haven’t tried it very much, but it starts and I am able to create a user.

I used the orangepi-prime setting on the curl command line

1 Like

Bluetooth and wifi works without problems with system on ssd USB 3.0 and with rflink/conbee II? I ask for it because that things doesn’t work properly on raspberry pi 4.

@magpern , por favor, compartilha a imagem de seu home assistant orange pi. Obrigado

Hola eduardo - ÂżQuĂŠ Tal?

You can install armbian on your sbc and than install HA Container, Core or Supervised (the later officially unsupported for armbian)