Overkiz API and Somfy API

Are you using the official Somfy integration or the une official Tahoma one? The latter can be installed through HACS and supports many more devices.

i use the tahoma intergration in the configuration file

was wondering if the batteries in the various Somfy devices (Smoove and IO) are recorded in the integration at all? Seems we can add these in the Somfy Tahoma App (not even sure if we need to do that, because the covers/screens are included via a remote indication in the config flow).

Would be nice if we could because right now, thereā€™s no indication whatsoever of any battery state, either in HA or in the Somfy appā€¦

I do have also the same problem: error 500: Internal Server Error for url: https://api.somfy.com/api/v1/site. I know this has been discussed here already but I find it really hard to follow a specific error in this thread. So could someone please summarize what the problem is? I already re-installed the integration without the entries in configuration.yaml but it didnā€™t solve the problem for me.

Iā€™ve abandoned the Somfy integration and Iā€™m now using the Tahoma Somfy integration, mentioned by imick. This works even better! Iā€™m able to control my awning. No more api errors.
Hope this helps.

Does the Tahoma Somfy integration also work with the Connexoon box and do I have to install this integration via HACS?

Yes and yes.

I have already installed it and configured. :slight_smile: I hope it is more stable than the Somfy integration ā€¦

Yes, I have a Connexxion, and it works with the Tahoma Somfy integration

I just got the new Tahoma Switch. And it was immediate recognized by HA, however when connected using the cloud account it doesnā€™t show any devices. It seems somfy doesnā€™t allow tahomalink for the switch.

Anybody solved this?

Thanks,

Martijn

Okay, I switched to iMickNL integration and that works. For everybody else, for the new Tahoma switch you need to select the Tahoma Box. Good luck!

whatā€™s that exactly? is it the next version of the Tahoma Box?
yes it isā€¦ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGIfDYXnR5c

no more Lan cable seems the most important downside of this new device, though quite a bit cheaper :wink:

have fun with it, nice products, even though only cloudā€¦ Box is rock solid in my place.

Indeed controls velux windows and several curtainsā€¦ works pretty good!

What I have seen so far is that the original somfy app for the Tahoma switch is much better than the classic Tahoma App. But I want it to control all by Home Assistant. At the moment I have still version 1 of the Tahoma box.

But I consider to buy the Velux KLF200. With this box all your IO devices could be controlled locally.

But there is still one problem that from Home Assistant it is not possible at the moment to control the covers in discrete mode (slow speed). This is a must have for me.

I hope this will be added at some moment (or somebody must have a workaround to control this?).

@tetienne Do you know if there is some progress on this: Device options Ā· Issue #479 Ā· home-assistant/architecture Ā· GitHub

If you use ha-tahoma, you can use the slow speed service for your cover movement! And if you want to have it enabled outside automations, you could create a template cover.

The official API also support the silent mode. I just have to add it like we did for the custom component.
I plan to add switch to enable or disable the mode.

1 Like

that would be really awesome. But I dont understand how that could be done, and still use the Somfy Api?
Eg would this new Somfy Switch return real time position of the IO covers, instead of the once every 30 secs? True Local push would be really great!

@imick @tetienne Yes I know that there is a slow speed service, because I use that at the moment. But when I have the KLF 200 box, you will have to use the Velux integration that is in Home Assistant Core. And so far I know is that this integration doesnā€™t have support for the slow speed mode.

@Mariusthvdb No you donā€™t use the the somfy api but the Velux integration. Both companies uses the IO protocol so every box that has IO support could control your IO motors. In this topic there are people that are using this Velux box already.

updating to 2021.7 results in

Schermafbeelding 2021-07-07 om 20.00.27

any thoughts on how to proceed? Somfy is connected through its own app, and by google assistant without an issue, so no server issue I would think ?

Same issue. Login on tahomalink.com not working anymore. Password reset there does not seem to work. Works fine on somfy.com and in the somfy app.
Looks like Somfys Tahomlink service is broken at the moment.