Overkiz API and Somfy API

updated to todays Tahoma,

but lost and to how we can set the set_cover_my_position service in scripts, as it is no longer available?

sure we can use a button Migrate `my` service to button entity, and add other stateless buttons by iMicknl · Pull Request #647 · iMicknl/ha-tahoma · GitHub, but the service should still be there?

however this is all we see:

garage_lamellen_my:
    alias: Lamellen My
    mode: restart
    sequence:
      service: tahoma.set_cover_my_position
      entity_id:
        - cover.lamel_rechts
        - cover.lamel_links

now is useless, which is not cool… what am I missing?

Service is removed. Please use the button.

thanks, but I am confused: in a script?

via Yaml mode editor this appears:

service: button.press
target:
  entity_id: button.lamel_links_my_position

so I should replace the above script with:

service: button.press
target:
  entity_id:
    - button.lamel_links_my_position
    - button.lamel_rechts_my_position

?

ok, will test that. ‘Button’ in my current mindset is a frontend thing…
seems to be working indeed. ok, setup saved :wink:

You should see button as an entity, just like other entities. Custom services are just meant for functionality that cannot be exposed through the default Home Assistant entities.
Happy to see it works :).

I’m using HA with the Tahoma Switch integrated through HomeKit Controller (I have a code on the box).
The shutters are working just fine. However, I can’t seem to get the tilt position working in automations.
Does anyone know if “cover.set_cover_tilt_position” is supported via HomeKit?

At least when querying the cover through the Developer Tools in HA I get the current tilt position.

current_position: 0
current_tilt_position: -90
friendly_name: Bedroom
supported_features: 183

But when I try to change the tilt position even through the Developer Tools nothing happens.

Iám using this integration and it worked fine. I’am core-2021.12.2

But I did not change the credentials. Then after reconfiguring it works for 1 day and then it happens again… Strangely I see 2 accounts

it happens to me too, it has happened several times and by entering the credentials it resumed working for a few days, I use a connexoon device.
in two cases the credentials did not work, opening the app from the smartphone, it told me that I had to activate the device to use it, but after entering the code to activate it, it told me that it was already active.
Both times there were updates to be made, after doing them, the login credentials worked.

I also have the signing out issue, but for me It happens almost every 12h at the moment.

Everyday at the same times it seems with me. Around 8 in the morning.
This is not workable.

See At least one of your integrations requires reconfiguration to continue functioning. · Issue #599 · iMicknl/ha-tahoma · GitHub.

It is a known issue and we reached out to Somfy.

Thanks for all the time and effort you are taking in fixing this for us!
Would maybe the “official” Somfy Integration using the API be the better option at the moment?

The official sadly is less reliable, I was not able to get ride of the Quota limitation that Somfy returns.

Sorry, I don’t mean to push here. I’ve been playing around further (growing a couple more grey hairs :smirk:) and have reached the end of my googling options as I feel. I don’t seem to find a source that describes what features are supported by Tahoma Switch with HomeKit and which not.
Is anyone more familiar with Tahoma Switch HomeKit integration - or can point me in the right direction?

As far as I know, tilt position is not supported. HomeKit support is very limited unfortunately, thus why many of us are still using ha-tahoma to bring support to HomeKit.

I see - thank you for taking the time to reply. I’ll give ha-tahoma a go then.
I really hoped for a local-only setup - but let’s see if Somfy get their bums up and start implementing a reasonable HomeKit integration :smirk:

1 Like

HI!

afer updating to todays dev, I suddenly see:

Schermafbeelding 2021-12-24 om 11.42.55

which is cool ofc! hadnt expected that yet, so not really in the loop of the development for this now core integration… Can we already set the CC aside, and have the same overall functionality? Covers (and the Garage door!) are rather core to the instance, so please let me know in advance of any troubles to expect?
thanks, and kudos for the ongoing dev for this integration.

You spotted our new years present already. :wink:. However, we are not sure if we will have full parity with ha-tahoma before the next core release, however that will be mentioned in the changelog eventually.

Currently cover support is not in yet, and we don’t recommend running dev builds on your production instance. If you want to do nevertheless, you can have a look at the pull requests in core to understand what is in already.

1 Like

cool. will ‘ignore’ it for a while. Having said that, you might want to add the ‘ignore’ option to the integrations panel:

Schermafbeelding 2021-12-26 om 14.19.57

currently it popup every restart…see: can not ignore Overkiz integration discovery · Issue #62798 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

For covers, HomeKit-Controller in connection with the TaHoma box supports up and down, unfortunately not tilt at this point of time.
You may vote for the feature request in the meantime, that would be great.

Yes I’m using HomeKit-Controller with Tahoma-Box for a while now and it works like a charm.
Tilt is not supported though, (see my other post above with the feature request).

I do have a TaHoma box and a Velux KLF-200.
The KLF-200 is not so reliable, sometimes the connection just breaks and you need to reboot it. Also, the tilt position can be set but its not reporting the correct tilt position back into the Velux integration.

My current setup is:
Use TaHoma box with HomeKit-Controller to control io-motors for cover-position
Use Velux KLF-200 with the Velux integration to control io-motors for cover-tilt-position
Use TaHoma box with HomeKit-Controller to read values of io-motors of the cover-position and cover-tilt-position.

As soon as HomeKit-Controller supports set_tilt_position, I can get rid of the KLF-200 again.

1 Like