Overkiz API and Somfy API

Have it working with 21 roller shutters (10 Velux, the rest Somfy), 2 windows, 1 bioclimatic (motorized) pergola and light. All fine.

Hello here !

I have an Atlantic Heat Pump which is connected to an Atlantic Cozytouch bridge :
COZYTOUCH - Atlantic

I can pretty much control my HeatPump using Android CozyTouch app (not so great).
More interesting for me, I can control it using Overkiz API :
https://ha110-1.overkiz.com/enduser-mobile-web/enduserAPI/login
For instance I can login, get all parameters value, and set whatever I want.
Great, but I do this with NodeRed, Iā€™ve got a lot of flows and thatā€™s a mess !

Iā€™ve just found this Overkiz Component. Iā€™ve tried to install it, choosing ā€œAtlantic Cozytouchā€ hub, I set my email and my password, exactly the same that work fine with Overki API but I keep getting a message ā€œUnvalid Authenticationā€.
Iā€™ve done the test several times. Iā€™ve also stopped my overkiz API requests for 2 hours because I know it does not support too many requests, but still the same.
Any idea how I can investigate on this ? :slight_smile:
Did anybody succeeded with Atlantic hardware and overkiz component ?

Thanks,
David

@Shaad hi David, are you a new user of CozyTouch perhaps? Please see this issue on GitHub and add your thoughts there: [Overkiz, Somfy] Unable to authenticate against Atlantic Cozytouch Ā· Issue #75394 Ā· home-assistant/core (github.com).

We have seen this issue more often in the last days and I wonder if they did switch, again, their authentication methodsā€¦

Iā€™ve been using it for 2 years now. But I did not use the CozyTouch app for a long time now, more than a year, using only overkiz http API to manage my HeatPump with curl commands.
I will have a look at this link, and I will also reinstall Coytouch Android app and check that everything still works fine from here.
What is strange is that using overkiz with curl commands, it works fineā€¦ but who knowsā€¦ :slight_smile:
Thanks for your help, Iā€™ll be back after a few checks.

Iā€™m not 100% sure if this is the right place to post but Iā€™m new to Home Assistant and trying to add the devices connected to my Thomas hub

Itā€™s detected the hub and I added the Homekit ā€˜variantā€™, but I see the Overkiz ā€˜variantā€™ and my credentials wonā€™t be acceptedā€¦
Iā€™m certain theyā€™re correct as I can log in to the app with them, so Iā€™m a little confused

Iā€™m also uncertain if this is necessary if Iā€™ve added the hub using the Homekit option, tho I donā€™t seem to be able to find the related devices and scenes based on that

Thanks in advance for any help

@vaderag, which hub do you have exactly? The HomeKit controller in HA is a separate integration and device support is limited due to Somfy limitations. It should work with the same email address and password as you use for your TaHoma app.

Hi @imick I have the latest Somfy tahoma hub
This one: NEW Somfy TaHoma Switch Home Automation System | Connect Your Home | Somfy

I donā€™t need or want it to be a home kit controller so I think Iā€™ve added the wrong thing, but as mentioned the other login doesnā€™t seem to work :frowning:

EDIT: Looks like they were having some issues yesterday as Iā€™m in today

Hi all :wave: ,

Iā€™m currently totally reworking the cover platform :building_construction: The goal is to ease the maintenance and be able to add new devices quickly :muscle:

Obviously, I donā€™t own all the Somfy devices, so I need some help. Can some of you update the file overkiz/cover.py by this one and report me whatā€™s work and does not work anymore? It should be compatible with both ha-tahoma and overkiz integration.

:pray:

2 Likes

Thank you! Because of you, I bought Tahoma switch (I refuse to use cloud solutions) for my blinds.
It has no internet access and commands are coming thru really fast.
Great job!

I found only one issue - integration still uses polling so it takes 0-30 seconds to get command feedback. Do you plan implementing events for immediate feedback?
Another option would be configurable polling interval - I changed it manually to 3 seconds and it seems to be ok on my home installation (6 blinds only).

In theory, after a executed command, it should poll every second to get the update. We do this for the cloud version as well.

However, in my tests I faced the same issue. It seems that they return the completed command before they update and confirm the state changeā€¦ If this is the case, than I need to log a bug with Somfy and hope they finish it in the future.

The plan is to lower the update interval for local for sure, and 3 seconds could be a good one.

Hi,
unfortunately I get this Message when trying to set up overkidz:

Zu viele Versuche mit einem ungĆ¼ltigen Token, vorĆ¼bergehend gesperrt
Too many attempts with an invalid token, temporarily blocked

what can I do to fix this? In the past everything works as a charme

Hi Tetienne,

I want to help but Iā€™m stuck with how to proceed (the same lack of skills that make me want to use a local integration instead of accessing the internet probably :slight_smile: )

Do I need to create a /components/overkiz/ folder and put the github files in there? I donā€™t see a components-folder now and if I search in the help files, I only see posts for a custom_components folder.

FYI: I run HA in docker on Synology.

Hi, I installed the local API via the PR custom component and everything seems to be working great!
When configuring the integration, I had to remove the ā€˜.localā€™ part of the URL to make it work. Otherwise I would get an ā€˜unexpected errorā€™.

gateway-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.local:8443

1 Like

hello, is there a way to test this custom integration without uninstalling the cloud integration?
When I try to add it it tells me that the account is already configured, I donā€™t want to lose all my automations if I delete the cloud integration! And Iā€™m not sure I would have time to rename all my devices without the automation updating.
Thanks

I have one bigquestion:

I want to buy several Somfy Tilt 50 RTS devices with a connectivity kit, is it possible to set the tilt position? And use the MY position? It is very unclear if its possible to tilt with the integrations.

If someone has this, please reply :slight_smile:

Hi, I have similar devices with tilt position and it works perfectly.
Not sure what the product number is, but they are IO instead of RTS (shows up as io:ExteriorVenetianBlindIOComponent).

I am impressed. Local API setup was simple and Somfy home-io opening sensors respond immediately. Like zigbee or z-wave sensors. Please keep working on that I will play around with this component a little bit longer to see if there are any other issues.
Thanks a lot!

Hi Guys,

I moved to local API recently and it seems to be dropping out every day or so. All devices become unavailable.

A restart of the integration or HA and the devices come back.

Logs attached, any pointers would be great.

Thanks so much.

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/backoff/_async.py", line 133, in retry
    ret = await target(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyoverkiz/client.py", line 551, in fetch_events
    response = await self.__post(f"events/{self.event_listener_id}/fetch")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyoverkiz/client.py", line 763, in __post
    await self.check_response(response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyoverkiz/client.py", line 862, in check_response
    raise Exception(message if message else result)
Exception: "No registered event listener."

Hi,
first of all thanks for the work on the somfy local API, it worked just fine after installing it!

I want to give a quick feedback on my experience.

1. As installing the Overkiz as Custom Component, it auto discovered the Gateway 5 times (1 it was configured already).
  2. Itā€™s hard to see, if it is using Local API or Cloud API @Mariusthvdb Screenshots helped me figuring that out.
  3. Nice-to-Have: It would be great, if an existing Connection could be switched from Cloud to Local
  4. Nice-to-Have: New Configurations from Autodiscover, should have an Option to Choose which Connection should be used.

Screenshot from #1

Thanks,
Tim

Thanks for testing, @TimWeyand! Perhaps we could gather all feedback in the GitHub issue on the core repo.

Currently my time is very limited and I donā€™t have an Overkiz hub myself (yet?) so it is very hard for me to develop and debug this local support regarding the autodiscovery. In the past I was looking to see if I could find a second hand Somfy TaHoma (Switch) and pay it with donations, but I never did the effort. :grinning: