Overkiz integration - Local API [Development / Testers topic]

Okay nice!

New version again! Now it should be better in retrying in the background, before it drops a cannot connect error. Let’s see if this is more stable for you all.

Had a very old version of this integration that worked for months, then it didn’t after a home assistant update. Now I have updated the ‘PR custom component’ integration and trying to set it up again but I can’t seem to log in using my somfy email address and password.

Tried with SSL toggle on and off.

The certificate from my Tahoma box also seems to be invalid.

try a second HA restart, I have had this before, sometimes the cache is not fully cleared on a HA restart.

also try going to OverKIZ integration and downloading the diag file, check that it is indeed up to date

"overkiz": {
      "version": "2023.11.8-T122642Z",
      "requirements": [
        "pyoverkiz==1.13.0"
      ]
    },
2 Likes

Not sure what goes wrong here, but you could check if it is fixed after a reboot. If it is a certificate error, it should show a different error. This is the error when it cannot connect to the server.

In the details you should see multiple hostnames if you have the latest update and after a restart of your hub. The main certificate is still for the wrong hostname, but the right hostname is part of the new certificate. The certificate is ‘invalid’ for Chrome because they don’t have the Overkiz root certificate in their store, we do include this in the integration.

1 Like

Restarted the whole container, still the same issue.
I then tried setting up the cloud API instead of local API to be able to view the diag file. That one worked immediately and I can now confirm that I have the latest overkiz version ( “version”: “2023.11.8-T122642Z”)

Maybe it has to do with the .local part of the host.
In my previous integration I also had to remove that to make it work.
Seems like it’s no longer possible due to the verify SSL option.

Probably has something to do with running in Synology as a container or something with my specific Somfy device because it also shows up without the .local in network scanning tools.

1 Like

So the initial cannot connect error was right? It could not connect from your environment. If you cannot use the .local hostname, you cannot use the SSL verification indeed.

Can you check if it works if you don’t select the verify SSL checkbox?

Correct. I’ll have to look into why mdns (that’s what the .local part is right?) doesn’t seem to work with my setup, but disabling the SSL checkbox and using the host name without the ‘.local’ part doesn’t work.

There is indeed a bug now that it will always verify the SSL certificate, this is a bug in the underlying library. Will try to fix this in the coming days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

New version again, please test. :slight_smile:

• Underlying library will retry first on connection errors, should make it more stable
  • Disabling verify SSL now works. In case you want to use the IP address.

Hopefully we can get this PR in before the 27th of November, so it can be part of next release. Code should be feature complete now, and in a good shape for core.

2 Likes

Works great for me the latest version.

Thanks Mick, I can confirm that the latest version works for me.

Still not sure why I cannot connect with the .local host address, but configuring with gateway-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx:8443 and the SSL check disabled works fine.

1 Like

Great! And regarding your connection issue, I wouldn’t know either. But if you can’t connect / ping the .local address from your Synology, it is probably a networking / Docker configuration issue.
The IP address should work as well :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Good news, local API support has just been merged to core. From next week’s beta, Overkiz local API will be part of Home Assistant! Thank you all for testing!

This topic should not be used after the release. From now on you can report any issues via GitHub and feature requests via the Overkiz topic.

7 Likes

Thanks that is really good news :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

very good news.
when will it be available for all of us ?

the monthly HA update is released on the 1st wednesday of the month so it should be in 6th Dec unless something is found to be an issue with it.

You can already test this via the beta channel, see Common tasks - Operating System - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io). The release is scheduled for next week Wednesday.

Would be great if people from this thread can try the beta out this week and verify if it works as it should!

1 Like

I would, but I never install the 1st release of the month, as there is always some issue or other, I always wait for the .1 or .2 update, and I don’t have a spare SBC to install HA dev channel sorry.

@imick Seems to be working. Missing some labels in the config though:

After setup it takes a while to get the devices in HA. After that the covers are working.

Edit: After a reboot the labels appeared.

1 Like