Owlet Setup?

I just ran across this while trying to troubleshoot my Owlet tonight. Thank you!

Would it be possible to update the repository so it can be installed and updated via HACS? When I try to add it I get “Repostitory (sic) structure for master is not compliant”. Looking at other repos, I think you maybe just need to nest the owlet directory in a “custom_components” directory, and maybe add a resorces.json file in root.

Sorry to continue onto an old thread.

But did the API change at all for Owlet? The below are the errors I am getting.

It is authenticating successfully, it just can’t find the attributes.

2020-11-03 19:27:21 ERROR (SyncWorker_35) [custom_components.owlet.binary_sensor] ‘OwletPy’ object has no attribute ‘base_station_on’
2020-11-03 19:27:21 ERROR (SyncWorker_35) [custom_components.owlet.sensor] ‘OwletPy’ object has no attribute ‘charge_status’
2020-11-03 19:27:21 ERROR (SyncWorker_21) [custom_components.owlet.binary_sensor] ‘OwletPy’ object has no attribute ‘base_station_on’
2020-11-03 19:27:21 ERROR (SyncWorker_21) [custom_components.owlet.sensor] ‘OwletPy’ object has no attribute ‘charge_status’
2020-11-03 19:27:21 ERROR (SyncWorker_22) [custom_components.owlet.binary_sensor] ‘OwletPy’ object has no attribute ‘base_station_on’
2020-11-03 19:27:21 ERROR (SyncWorker_22) [custom_components.owlet.sensor] ‘OwletPy’ object has no attribute ‘charge_status’
2020-11-03 19:27:21 ERROR (SyncWorker_24) [custom_components.owlet.binary_sensor] ‘OwletPy’ object has no attribute ‘base_station_on’
2020-11-03 19:27:21 ERROR (SyncWorker_24) [custom_components.owlet.sensor] ‘OwletPy’ object has no attribute ‘charge_status’

@Brendan_McSorley I am not seeing this in my environment. What version of HA are you using? What version of the sock are you using? Do the other sensors get created properly?

I am not sure where those entities are being created from. Those do not exist in my implementation of Owlet.

I am on version 0.117.2 of HA.

We have the Owlet Smart Sock 3.

All the other sensors are created, but don’t seem to be updating. The status is either off, or unknown.

You know if logging can be enabled in the conguration.yaml file for this integration?

My guess is there are differences with the Sock 3 vs Sock 2. There is really not any more logging that can be turned on.

Truth be told, I don’t use the sock anymore and I’m just trying to keep this thing running as is. I’d be happy to have someone fork this and take over updates moving forward.

Are you able to get the owlet camera stream from this api as well?

No. That is something that hasn’t been figured out yet.

I would love to give it a try. It looks like the authentication portion still works. Do you have a recommendation on how I could start to reverse engineering the api to get the new properties?

latest custom component works for me, located here: https://github.com/jlamendo/ha-sensor.owlet

1 Like

hey
does this still work?
do i need to setup another account with API access or is it just the normal account I use for the app?

im getting this error when setup?

HA: 2021.6.2

sensor:

## https://github.com/jlamendo/ha-sensor.owlet
  - platform: owlet
    username: !secret owletuname
    password: !secret owletpassword
    region: "world"

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: custom_components/owlet/sensor.py:145
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 20:48:01 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:48:01

Error while setting up owlet platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 250, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.shield(task)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/owlet/sensor.py”, line 286, in setup_platform
for SmartSockDSN in Owlet.devices:
File “/config/custom_components/owlet/sensor.py”, line 193, in devices
self.get_devices()
File “/config/custom_components/owlet/sensor.py”, line 168, in get_devices
r = self.api_get(“/devices.json”)
File “/config/custom_components/owlet/sensor.py”, line 145, in api_get
headers={“Authorization”: "auth_token " + self.__OWLET_TOKEN},
TypeError: can only concatenate str (not “tuple”) to str

ignore, changed region to “Europe” and works fine now

might be worth updating the docs? not sure how to do this myself, sorry!

Can anyone confirm if this project still is supposed to work?

I’ve followed the instructions and have the following for my config:

owlet:
  - platform: owlet
    username: "[email protected]"
    password: !secret owlet_pass
    name: owlet
    region: "world"

Don’t think so. I’ve been messing around with both this one and the one over here:

Neither seem to be able to connect the sensors although with the jlamendo setup I can register that the owlet is connected. Just can’t seem to get any of the sensors to work.

Cannot validate the configuration after the completion of the YAML configuration file. Did you use world or europe config ?

My suggestion is to understand the Owlet sock & cam even though are great ideas is a terrible execution. My Owlet sock integration stopped a long time ago and I don’t even use the sock anymore. Honestly I wish my mother-in-law didn’t even give me the kit and I would of bought a cam with better integration.

I actually do my best to turn everyone away from owlet after the terrible phone call with their support line where they told me to share my account username and password for others to see the cam. I’m a security expert and this is complete BS!

1 Like

Just integrated it yesterday. Works for me. It’s throwing some errors in the logs, but the sensors are working fine.

got ,mine working as well

3 Likes

If anyone is having issues with the above owlet integration I have recently created and released my own that can be installed via hacs.

To install just add my repository: ryanbdclark/owlet: Owlet HA integration (github.com) and install.

I’ve tried to make the integration as easy to use as I could, integration is setup using the UI rather than yaml, also supports reauthentication. Currently I’ve only allowed support for the V3 sock (also known as the dream sock in USA/Canada) if anyone has a V2 sock and is happy to provide the JSON responses they get from the API I would be happy to include support for the V2 sock.

I have submitted pull requests to get this included as a default HACS repository and to get it included in HA core but am waiting on both. Have been using this myself via HACS for several months with no issues. If any bugs are found please open an issue on the repo Issues · ryanbdclark/owlet (github.com)

What card is it?

i made the card