OZW (beta) --> ZWaveJS --> OZW (beta) --> ZWaveJS = Broken Zwave?

So I was reading quite a number of pretty good responses on the new ZwaveJS so I thought I’d give it a try. I made a full supervisor backup of my current setup and followed the create easy to read instructions OpenZWave (Beta) to ZWave JS until I hit step 4 of the instructions which clearly state “4. Delete OpenZwave Integration” so then like an idiot I deleted the OZW add-on from the supervisor menu. Going DOH as soon as it finished I said full restore here I come, so I did. Everything seemed fine and I migrated again following the guide closely especially at step 4. It rebooted and after a time most things seemed to work OK. I was having trouble with some important items just not working well (Kwikset door locks and ZWave smoke detectors) so I rolled back again and decided I’d wait a couple weeks or months and try again. Well that’s when things starting going well odd, some Jasco light switches were inverted, many items were just not available or responding to HA and a lot of items were going between on/off/unavailable for hours last night. My neighbors must have thought my house was haunted. So before going to bed last night I rolled forward again to ZWaveJS cause even though my locks and smoke detectors weren’t working most everything else was working well. By this morning nothing was responding to HA input and my ZWave items are all basically not updating (some are updating status in HA but not responding to HA commands). I’ve tried rebooting a couple times and letting it finish before even looking at it. I’ve also tried waking up ZWave items even though they are hard wired switches but it doesn’t seem to matter anymore.

I’m feeling like something got corrupted along the way and no amount of older restores might help it. The logs look pretty mundane if not usually quiet. Any suggestions to try? My next option I think is to roll back to the OZW so I can try healing the network since I don’t see that option anywhere in the JS version. After that might be an older rollback and then try the MQTT JS version since it gives some more options for the user but I’ve never setup or used MQTT servers so there is a learning curve there and potential to muck it up more. Last option is to build a clean fresh install of HA and try to restore my ZWave stick to it since my instance of HA is a couple years old with many many updates, restores and tinkering as I learned how things work.

Update: Seeing an error in the config logs that might be pointing to something, at least new to look at for me.

So this might have been resolved, I decided to delete the integration and reboot the host then add the integration back in. Everything came in empty ie only nodes numbers but so far things are at least working even though some items are still not populating the details like make or model. I’ll update here as more developments happen.