P1mon and the new home assistant energy Integration Request

Thanks for adding the gas sensor in the latest release but could you also add the water sensor in the next release?
It seems like a small step for you but a giant leap for mankind (or HA-users in this case)

3 Likes

We are working on it, but my time is limited at the moment :wink:

2 Likes

Just like to indicate my interest for the water meter addition as well. For now, I’m already really happy with this integration. Thanks for the work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just started with Home Assistant. Works fine.
I was using P1-monitor with the water sensor.
Can you tell me if there is progression in the integration for this sensor in HA?
I saw more people were asking for this…

@klaasnicolaas I just got started with Home Assistant. Also from my side there is the request for the water sensor. I hope your time is less limited soon :wink: As you can see there are quite a few people hoping for it.

Do you have any updates on it?

I’ve been working on it, but I still have some things to complete in the integration itself.

1 Like

I have the P1monitor integration set up, and it’s been providing data to my own dashboard, but I’m unable to add any of them to the energy dashboard. I’ve updated to the latest HA and removed / re-installed the integration, even with differing sensor names, but the energy dashboard won’t let me add them.

An entity that is shown in the energy dashboard:

entity: sensor.sma_total_yield
value: 4531.429
state_class: total_increasing
unit_of_measurement: kWh
device_class: energy
friendly_name: PV production total

And the P1monitor integration entity that isn’t shown:

entity: sensor.p1mon_energy_consumption_high
value: 15913.613
state_class: total_increasing
unit_of_measurement: kWh
device_class: energy
friendly_name: Energy Consumption - High Tariff

I definitely don’t want to be pushy about this, but I am really looking forward to having the insights of water usage within HA. Is this still on the to-do list? :slight_smile:

oh nooo! I completely forgot to add this to the integration (there is already support in the python package). The next 2 weeks I’ll be very busy finishing some study projects, but after that I definitely want to look into adding this. Just remind me in a week or three :wink:

1 Like

Update: at the moment I’m already looking at how I can add the water meter to the integration, the only problem I run into is that I have to make it optional (since not everyone uses a water meter) but unfortunately my knowledge does not extend far enough to modify the code accordingly :frowning:

Hoi Klaas, I think you don’t have to make it optional. For the people who don’t use the water meter they can disable the entity in home assistant, right?

The problem is that the coordinator always wants to call the API and because there is no data, the python package throws an exception. Disabling entities therefore only works if data is normally retrieved.

But the good news, I just opened a PR: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/74004
Not really satisfied yet, expect that some adjustments will be needed.

1 Like

I really made an appointment in my calendar to remind you tomorrow :sweat_smile:. Didn’t got any updates on this topic, so I am happy to read that you already made a PR! I hope that someone is gonna review it soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t seem that they gonna except the pull request without any automatic checks whether the watermeter is available :frowning:

Yep, but can’t quite manage to modify the code like Frenck’s suggestion :frowning:

I see you even managed to do that, nice! Let’s hope they will merge soon!

1 Like

Good news there is water meter support in the integration, soon to be tested in the beta and for everyone in version 2022.9 :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome, great job!

1 Like

Really appreciate it. Thanks a lot for your effort!

1 Like

With the new water dashboard can the P1 monitor integration being updated with the water price entity?