Package Tracking in Map Card?

Unlike many in the United States, i live in an apartment complex. This shows as a “business address”, preventing me from utilizing virtually all of the underlying services of Mail and Packages. I have switched gears and am utilizing the 17Track integration, but would like to render the packages’ approximate locations using a Map Card.

my tentative idea for accomplishing this is to:

1. extract [city, state] location (if available) from the package sensor.
  2. pass it to a forward-geocoding API service to get lat/long values.
  3. take returned lat/long values and apply them to a device_tracker entity.
  4. display the packages’ dummy device_trackers in the map card.

ideally, this would ultimately be an automation fired every time the 17TRACK sensors update the info_text field.

I’ve stumbled upon a Geocoding API called OpenCage that will allow me to parse text queries into lat/long coordinates, as json or geocode_json, so that seems achievable.
i’ve noticed that most of 17track’s sensors have the location field blank, and that what i’m looking for is often buried in info_text. but sometimes it isn’t, i.e.: there is a delay notice (which are pretty common right now), so i may need to keep record of the last successfully parsed location in a text variable.
it seems simple enough to create a device tracker and apply the coordinates to it using device_tracker.see, assuming that this trick still works.
the thing that i’m the most worried about not working consistently is parsing a location from info_text as the formatting is not consistent across carriers and it will likely require a considerable amount of observing ,filtering, parsing, and head-scratching.

does this seem fairly achievable? or does it have any overlooked optimizations that could be added?

Super weird. All the large apartment building I have lived in including the 300 unit high rise is able to utilize them all.

Maybe talk to USPS to get the your address correctly identifies as a residence.

UPS, FedEx, and USPS all tell me that I’m not eligible for the services required to get Mail and Packages to work. Either way, I’d still like to visualize the relative location on a map.