Panasonic Aquarea Heat Pump integration

Hi everyone,

As of March 18th, Panasonic changed their account/login system and in consequence they broke the way the integration works:

We have an issue opened in the library side of the integration, where the investigation will happen: auth api failing with 1000-0999 error · Issue #44 · cjaliaga/aioaquarea · GitHub

I’ll update the README of the integration and I must set expectations here: Currently the integration is in a broken state due to the changes Panasonic performed, and unfortunately there’s no ETA on when (or even if :cry: ) will work again.

Keep an eye on the issues to see updates.

3 Likes

Ahhhhh, just my luck :stuck_out_tongue:

Received my first HA setup yesterday, completely new to HA and have been trying to get the integration for Aquarea up thinking I must have done something wrong.

Glad it’s not me - for once, sad it’s not working. Thanks for all your efforts creating and maintaining this integration. Kudos.

probably better to forget the access via cloud and use local solution like GitHub - salakrzy/HeishaMonBoth: This is a HeishaMon modification allowing parallel work of Panasonic Web, local reading via MQTT and integration with HomeAssistant.

The first iteration of the fix is out: Release v0.7.0 · cjaliaga/home-assistant-aquarea · GitHub

Please give it a try and report in the GitHub issue [Bug]: Panasonic changed their login system - Integration cannot log in into Aquarea Smart Cloud · Issue #105 · cjaliaga/home-assistant-aquarea · GitHub any problem that you might find as this is an unexplored territory :slight_smile:

1 Like

works perfectly again, gracias amigo!

1 Like

A quick note just to let you know that the integration seems to work as before the authentication change from Panasonic. So thank you for effort and time you spent on this issue. Thanks also to @bimusiek for the original implementation of the new login process.

1 Like

I saw the update on the integration Aquara. I did and it works.

Thanks a lot for this modification.

I love Home Assitant and this community

hi, great news if you got this working again. Quick q- i dont see the new version (v0.70?) in my HA, should I manually update somewhere?

update: never mind - somehow it appeared as 0.70 in my HA just now :slight_smile:

thanks

For the ones on 0.7.0, please pull 0.7.1 where the issue that was causing entities to go into an “unavailable” state usually after 24H (basically it was failing to refresh the token) should be fixed and report into the GH issue if you find any other issue: [Bug]: Panasonic changed their login system - Integration cannot log in into Aquarea Smart Cloud · Issue #105 · cjaliaga/home-assistant-aquarea · GitHub

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks so much for getting this sorted! Awesome.

On a separate note, I seem to have originally installed this integration by copying the files directly. If I want to move to HACS for easier updating, is there a preferred way to do it that won’t mess up my existing sensor names etc.? Or would I have to remove the existing one and start everything from scratch again?

Sorry for the delay @haydnw. HACS will copy the extensions under custom_components so it should be fine to just install over it. I don’t think is needed to remove the entry from Home Assistant.

1 Like

Hi all,

some days before I managed to integrate my new Leisha heatpump into the HA with this great extension. Today was the commissioning, and now I see meaningful values already.

But I only have the entities related to heating, I do not have the entity of the water tank - there should be one entity for this afaik.

Here is the log. As you can see, there is a water-heater contained, but no entity is created - for the other entities there is also the line like “Registered new button.aquarea entity: button.leisha_request_defrost”

2024-05-16 20:08:24.125 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.button] Setting up aquarea.button
2024-05-16 20:08:24.127 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new button.aquarea entity: button.leisha_request_defrost
2024-05-16 20:08:24.128 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up aquarea.sensor
2024-05-16 20:08:24.132 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.aquarea entity: sensor.leisha_outdoor_temperature
2024-05-16 20:08:24.135 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.aquarea entity: sensor.leisha_heating_accumulated_consumption
2024-05-16 20:08:24.138 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.aquarea entity: sensor.leisha_accumulated_consumption
2024-05-16 20:08:24.140 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.aquarea entity: sensor.leisha_heating_consumption
2024-05-16 20:08:24.141 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.aquarea entity: sensor.leisha_consumption
2024-05-16 20:08:24.142 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Setting up aquarea.climate
2024-05-16 20:08:24.143 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Entity None (<class 'custom_components.aquarea.climate.HeatPumpClimate'>) implements HVACMode(s): heat, off and therefore implicitly supports the turn_on/turn_off methods without setting the proper ClimateEntityFeature. Please create a bug report at https://github.com/cjaliaga/home-assistant-aquarea/issues
2024-05-16 20:08:24.145 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new climate.aquarea entity: climate.leisha_haus
2024-05-16 20:08:24.148 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Setting up aquarea.binary_sensor
2024-05-16 20:08:24.151 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new binary_sensor.aquarea entity: binary_sensor.leisha_status
2024-05-16 20:08:24.152 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new binary_sensor.aquarea entity: binary_sensor.leisha_defrost
2024-05-16 20:08:24.154 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up water_heater
2024-05-16 20:08:24.160 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Setting up aquarea.water_heater
2024-05-16 20:08:24.160 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Setting up aquarea.switch
2024-05-16 20:08:24.162 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new switch.aquarea entity: switch.leisha_force_heater
2024-05-16 20:08:24.163 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new switch.aquarea entity: switch.leisha_holiday_timer
2024-05-16 20:08:24.175 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.select] Setting up aquarea.select
2024-05-16 20:08:24.176 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new select.aquarea entity: select.leisha_quiet_mode
2024-05-16 20:08:24.178 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new select.aquarea entity: select.leisha_powerful

Any ideas?

Hello,
Your integration looks great! I’m getting started with it. I configured everything and added all entities on a dashboard, it seems to work.
My ultimate goal is to setting my heat pump to heat up the floor and the water tank based on the cheapest hours of the day (using this plugin which I already use for charging my tools).
The first step would be to look how to control the heat and water tank (on/off but also change the temperature). In your post you said that you implemented this via “operations”, but what does that mean exactly? Where am I supposed to add this?

My entities ID are:
climate.aquarea1_home
water_heater.aquarea1_tank

Update: I made some progress which I posted here.

Thank you!
/J@v0

Hi!

I don’t want to steal any spotlight from Carlos and his fantastic work, but if someone needs I wrote config for integration panasonic heat pump using modbus:

To make it work you will need to buy modbus adapter:

2 Likes

Hello!
please advice how to change configuration folder for heishamon integration. i tried steps above, but it did not work - got an error about “aquarea” in setup.py.
i just wanna use heishamon integration together with GitHub - cjaliaga/home-assistant-aquarea: Home Assistant integration for Panasonic Aquarea devices connected to Aquarea Smart Cloud and looks like they share the same config folder…
Thanks!

1 Like

Is it only me or the OS 13 broke the integration?

It shows that adaptor is not responding but on the other hand I can login in the panasonic app which works for a few seconds and they kicks me out probably because the HA is still active?

Works fine here

It got fixed by itself in the morning. Probably some cloud outage from Panasonic. So the only way to use it now locally is buy changing the adapter?

What adapter are we talking about here?