Panasonic Aquarea Heat Pump integration

You can’t connect cloud adapter to heat pump if something is connected to modbus… It is using same port on heat pump, so if you have Panasonic Venta plugged into heat pump, you have no place to plug in cloud adapter(at least this is how it is done on my heat pump).

I’m looking into documentation of Panasonic Venta and it seems it can be control by modbus(seems it can be controlled by cloud adapter)?? I think if you really want to go that road you can plug in Venta to Heat pump and control Venta and heat pump via modbus on Ventacloud adapter connected to Venta…

On other hand you can just control both separately from modbus… Again take it with a grain of salt I literally spent 5 minutes on researching all of this.

P.S. I’m not sure what exactly so special about Venta, but it seems just normal ventilation system. And in this case, why you would not go with Systemair? I think they are quite widely used and they do have modbus interface and integration working with HA. At my house I control my heat pump and Systemair ventilation using separate modbus gateways - RS485 PoE

Hi,

Probably this one:

Right now I am thinking about using RS485 to ethernet modules. One for Aquarea J and one for Venta. With some reverse engineering, I should be able to control both. You are right, there is only one Modbus connection on J unit. If you connect Venta to J unit, you can just control J unit via Venta touch screen. But running cloud and control J unit via touchscreen at the same time is not possible. Venta is not controlable via Panasonic cloud. I like Venta, because it can be easily mountable on the top of my J unit, same footprint. I do not have enough space for another big separated box in my tech. room.

Hi! First of all seems Panasonic Venta is just product from Systemair :smiley:

Additionally in my understanding you can connect internet access module to it:

So probably you could try to control Panasonic via Venta and then connect venta to internet access module and there you can either use cloud or you can switch to modbus(that internet access module can work in modbus mode)… So in theory you could control Venta + panasonic via one modbus on Venta.

Additionally I rechecked documentation and I didn’t found any direct modbus connection to Venta, just connectivity to internet access module which can be used either to connect to cloud or to switch to modbus.

I have both modules on my desk: WiFi/Ethernet to Aquarea Cloud and Intesis Modbus. Panasonic technician told me, that I can connect only one Modbus device to J unit and only one Modbus device to Venta unit. So he is basically saying that there are these options only:

1. J with Modbus module (for direct control) or Aquarea Cloud module
  2. Venta with Modbus module (Venta is not controlable from Aquarea cloud)
  3. J with Modbus module connected to Venta (so control of J can be done via touchscreen on Venta), additional expansion board is also required.

But if it is Systemair product, maybe Systemair integration will work?

Hi! I don’t think you can connect to Venta modbus as is, at least based on documentation I read. I think you can connect internet access module to Venta, using extension board, and then if you choose that module to work in modbus mode.

I mean you can connect Modbus Intesis box to Venta (with extension board ofc), thats what Panasonic technician told me. Actually do you think that I can use IAM with Venta? So I can connect J to Aqurea Cloud and Venta to Homesolutions? This can be temporary solution before I figure out what can be done for direct controll.

I just had a call with Systemair technician and he confirmed that it should be possible to control Venta with Systemair IAM module extension board is required). Only thing is that IAM is no logner available with Modbus gateway option. So if I decide to controll everything localy, I have to buy another brand Modbus gateway.

Interesting, are you sure you can get modbus connection to Venta without IAM?

Systemair technician sent me Modbus variable list and this email later afternoon:

After adding this terminal block, the unit allows ModBus communication via RS485, for conversion to TCP/IP it is necessary to use a suitable converter.

By terminal block, he meant PAW-VEN-ACCPCB, which I have too.

So I will add “terminal block” to the unit and I can use RS485 directly or I can buy converter to use it via TCP/IP.

But I think that I will use their new IAM module (they call it SAVE Connect) and connect Venta to the Systemair cloud first. My J unit is already connected to Aquarea cloud. Both units will not be connected together (I dont need control J unit from Venta touchscreen). And later, when I will have time for fun, I can switch to TCP/IP for direct control without cloud. I will just need variable list for J unit and converters to TCP/IP.

1 Like