Panasonic Comfort Cloud

could you share your code for the simple thermostat card as shown above please :smiley:

Yes, Panasonic Comfort Cloud was down for long periods of time last week.

The Panasonic hvac entity also presents 2 thermometers, internal and external. Anyone knows how often are they updated?

My outside one always shows unavailable in HA since a few updates back

Just checked for you.

Mine if still reporting correctly, as it has been.

I see it has been removed from the attributes all the way now

Seem to update when temp changes, I have seen this happen as quickly as 1 minute.

Does it continue to update, while the Aircon unit is powered off ?

Yes, updates both inside and outside temps when off. Have a look at my graph above. Green is on, clear is off and you can see temps update.

Thats pretty cool right.

I am using the Panasonic as interior/exterior sensors now… Saves me buying 2 sensors :slight_smile:

Hey, I have a Panasonic HeatPump and it is connected via Comfort Cloud. I’ve got this error. Any ideas?

2021-07-05 23:23:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up panasonic_cc platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 258, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.gather(*pending)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 383, in async_add_entities
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 588, in _async_add_entity
await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 615, in add_to_platform_finish
self.async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 368, in async_write_ha_state
self._async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 402, in _async_write_ha_state
state = self._stringify_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 374, in _stringify_state
state = self.state
File "/config/custom_components/panasonic_cc/sensor.py", line 128, in state
return round(self._api.daily_energy,2)
TypeError: type NoneType doesn't define __round__ method

I think the api has changed with the recent new app release from Panasonic.
Just checking the open issues over on this integrations GitHub. If nothing found I will log a new ticket wit the debug info.

• [140698008615856] Invalid response, status code: 401 - Data: {“message”:“New version app has been published”,“code”:4106}

Same error here:
Error setting up entry for panasonic_cc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 293, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/config/custom_components/panasonic_cc/init.py”, line 79, in async_setup_entry
devices = await hass.async_add_executor_job(api.get_devices)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pcomfortcloud/session.py”, line 172, in get_devices
self.login()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pcomfortcloud/session.py”, line 99, in login
self._create_token()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pcomfortcloud/session.py”, line 132, in _create_token
raise ResponseError(response.status_code, response.text)
pcomfortcloud.session.ResponseError: Invalid response, status code: 401 - Data: {“message”:“New version app has been published”,“code”:4106}

If you have the skills I would consider trying this GitHub - DomiStyle/esphome-panasonic-ac: Open source alternative for Panasonic air condition wifi adapters that works locally without the cloud

This will remove the whole cloud part of the Panasonic AC’s.

I’m afraid this integration is a very nice try but needs far to much work every few days. I’m no fan of devices going offline every few days because the integrations isn’t up to date or panasonic desides to update their api.

I’m gonna try and settle this once and for all by disconnecting it from the cloud and use an esp32 to control it locally. I allready programmed the esp and waiting for some hardware. After that the whole cloud part is hopefully history.

1 Like

Nice, do keep us posted!

I installed the integration succesfully. I get the entities (e.g. inside temperature) but no data. Anybody else has this issue?

Error: Failed to call service climate/set_hvac_mode. Invalid response, status code: 500 - Data: {“message”:“Adapter Communication error”,“code”:5005}

Thanks!

1 Like

Works for me (today).

Honestly, it does breakdown for me sometimes, and then gets the data without any intervention after a few hours.

Its mostly the inside/outside temperature, that stops working for me from time to time.

Does it work for you in your Pana app on mobile etc ?

Hi!

Thanks for confirming your set-up is functional. The Panasonic app is working just fine so no user account related issues.

I have now looked at this for a few days without data and results so it doesn’t seem to be the Panasonic server instability. What does this error code mean?

Thanks for your support!

Can somebody confirm if I need to have the installers rights to make this integration work? The cloud integration shows the entities but does not show any values. If I login to the Panasonic cloud I see and can control the values.

Looking for a solution, and was wandering if the need for installation rights could make a difference

Thanks,
Martijn

Hi,

Just noticed a issue with my integration now. I have 2 ACs connected to a shared outdoor unit. Both indoor units works perfectly until i enable the W/kWh power enties. Once they are activated one of the indoor units get unavailble. When i turn off W/kWh tracking both systems work perfectly again. Does someone else have the same issue?