Panasonic Comfort Cloud

Hi!

I am still not getting any numbers from the cloud (after trying several weeks).

In the panasonic cloud everything runs fine (Aquarea).

Error: Failed to call service climate/set_hvac_mode. Invalid response, status code: 500 - Data: {“message”:“Adapter Communication error”,“code”:5005}

Anybody? This is critical for me as this controls my entire house heating.

Thanks!

Hi @mn_box,
Unfortunately, Aquarea is not supported by this integration.
Panasonic Aquarea is a completely different system and API than Panasonic Comfort Cloud. Have they integrated it to the Panasonic Comfort Cloud App yet, or is it still redirecting you to a different place once you log in?

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your response! Really? I picked the panasonic heatpump because I saw the integration.

This is the website I log-on to: https://aquarea-smart.panasonic.com/. But the app is the same: ‘Panasonic Comfort Cloud’ (incl. same id).

The unit itself comes with a CZ-TAW1 module, and I have not seen a offline solution for this either.

Happy to provide more details if that helps to develop the API.

Thanks,
Martijn

You could reverse engineer the heat pump connecting the wifi module to something like putty and control.it with the app and see what data comes out. The guy here made software to command my ac which has a different wifi module. But I’m guessing all the AC’s communicate pretty much the same. It will take some work but I’m convinced it can be done offline using an esp https://github.com/DomiStyle/esphome-panasonic-ac

He also included all his work and stripped all the code and explained it in an ms excel file. It’s very helpful. This Panasonic cloud integration is nice but not very future proof

Thanks, will look into it!

EDIT: SOVLED: Read to try another browser, then it was in the Add Integration list. Thanks to that reply above.

Hi all,
I just manually installed the Panasonic Comfort Cloud components, but it does not show in integrations. In the log it says the following, but does not seem to show up in the Integrations:

2021-10-18 13:18:55 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration panasonic_cc which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

Clearly it has found it, right? So why does it not show up?
Thanks for any suggestions.

New question here related to entities.

1. Why is the temperature unknown? Is this a unit hardware issue as it is also blank in the app. Guessing this may be a hard one to fix…
  2. Does the switch (third entity) function here? Mine does not ever change with status of device and cannot be turned on.
  3. How can I get outdoor temp entity? It shows in the app.

Thanks.

Did you go this route and have it successful? I have five indoor units and also would prefer going forward without the cloud. I tried on CZ-TACG1 and it works, but the cloud is less than ideal…especially where I live.

The CZ-TAG can be replaced using the esp module. I posted the link to how already a few times in this topic. I have 2 Panasonic AC’s fully local with only a logic converter and esp32 connected to it

1 Like

Did you do so without issue?

I had a look at the instructions. It is not for faint hearted (i.e. me :smile: )

It seems my AC unit does not support Inside or Outside temperatures. Can anyone suggest to me how I can populate the entity (sensor.ac_inside_temperature) with a value from another sensor? Currently it only shows Unavailable. It seems I cannot even set the state manually.

Why not get another standalone sensor for this purpose ? Thats what I am doing at the moment.

Can anyone suggest an alternative to this? It was working fine but since I added another unit I simply can’t get it working and it’s a known issue that can’t be resolved. - Falls out and needs several reboots to activate again · Issue #54 · sockless-coding/panasonic_cc · GitHub

Basically I have to reboot HA many many many times to get it to connect, and then when it does it never finds all 3 units. So I just get to control 1 or 2 of them.

I don’t want to hack the hardware and install an esp.

If you have the dnsk-p11 wifi module there is this alternative: Wifi interface for Panasonic airconditioning (drop-in DNSK-P11 replacement)
There aren’t any modules left but they state they’ll create new ones if they get enough reservations (I need 5). It’s a one-on-one replacement for the module, no need to do other hardware changes.

I can strongly advice against using the panasonic comfort cloud service, apart the stability issues, one of my units seems to share his online profile with another unit, so from time to time I can’t operate my unit, but can operate another unit somewhere out there… 6 months after reporting this panasonic hasn’t been able to solve this

Same here, both my indoor units work if I turn of the w/kWh entitys in the integration settings. I would like to track the used energy, but at this stage i cant :confused:

Is it possible to get the kWh usage under the energy tab? is there anything i can do to get the daily energy sensor and devices under energy?

Hi @mn_box

You can access locally to the aquarea with this board HeishaMon communication PCB from TheHogNL on Tindie

Solution: ESPHome Panasonic Climate WiFi interface - espthings.io

@realeer there is a fix underway, as an interim work around you can include the following in your configuration.yaml

sensor.panasonic_daily_energy:
  state_class: total_increasing
  device_class: energy

Long term fix:

1 Like