Paperless-ng Add-on

Paperless-ng will not be continued by its owner. A new project has been created which will fork paperless-ng and delevop it with a bigger team.

Paperless-ngx

Proof:

The addon has been updated to use the Paperless-ngx repository

And very nice it is too!

Thanks for this addon.

Is there any way to modify some of the paperless settings (e.g. the OCR parameters)?
Or would you have to expose them via the HA config for them to be changeable?

What parameters do you want to modify?

It is now updated to the latest version of Paperless-ngx

2 Likes

Hey @TheBestMoshe!

Thank you for maintaining this Add-On.

You did not ask me, but I would need the parameter PAPERLESS_URL=<url>.

Background: Using a reverse proxy (Nginx Proxy Manager), I can not reach paperless-ngx from outside. It does always try to redirect to a local address.

Hopefully, setting the correct URL will help.

Thank you

Hi there,

I am also trying to run the paperless-ngx addon in my homeassistant installation.
At the moment, HomeAssistant is behind a reverse-proxy managed by nginxā€¦

To connect to HomeAssistant, I am just using a domain like:
homeassistant.domain.tld - and I can connect to most addons without any further issues by using my homeassistant URL + adding the ā€œhostā€ behind it -like: homeassistant.domain.tld/f82d1e81_paperless

unfortunately, this seems not to work with the paperless-ngx addon.
So am I right that I need to modify my nginx config to allow port 8000, too?

Iā€™m running also into issues with paperless-ngx behind a Nginx Proxy Manager.

Nginx Proxy Manager seems to redirect fine. I enter https://paperless.mydomain.tld into the browser, the login window appears. But after logging in, Iā€™m facing the ā€˜CSRF verification failedā€™ error message.

External URL is set in the Addon config and paperless-ngx works great using the local IP and port 8000. Somehow paperless-ngx is not respecting the URL config (I can not check it without being able to set DEBUG=True) or the CNAME setting at my webhosting service for https://paperless.mydomain.tld is causing the issue.

I also opened an Github issue for that:

Just add another proxy host. This is my config:

1 Like

I just sorted this out - but probably, I will get a dedicated paperless instance out of HomeAssistant ā€¦ because I need access to other storage that isnā€™t available (and should not) within HA.

Will this be updated to the 1.8.0 version?
And, is there the possibility to also get the ssl folder into the container? (Iā€™m using the letā€™s encrypt addon for TLS certificates)

3 Likes

Quick suggestion: Since it is now using paperless-ngx, it would be a good idea to update the top post from this thread to mention both paperless-ng and paperless-ngx.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the Add-on. Would there be a chance to upgrade the addon? IĀ“d also appreciate an explanation how I could open the addon over the remote nabu casa access

Is there a way to get paperless-ngx running on home assistant?

1 Like

This is what this whole thread is all about. :grin:

It works OK in Home Assistant, but unfortunately the add-on is not maintained anymore and it is stuck at v1.7.0.

There is a fork with a newer version (1.11.2):

But tux2000 did also mention to probably not work actively on updates.

Since tux2000 changed the way he is running Paperless (see details in his repo) I made yet another fork of TheBestMosheā€™s Addon.

1 Like

Oh, great. Thank you!

Will switch over there.

Let me know if anything comes up.

1 Like

I forked your repository and I rewrote it to integrate CI, to be coherent with official docker image and Iā€™m cureently working on cleaning up the repo and follow the best practices.

I had to update paperless-ngx with the current dev version because it was updated to python3.11

The repository with a working image : GitHub - BenoitAnastay/home-assistant-addons-repository

4 Likes

@BenoitAnastay Iā€™m running your addon behind a reverse proxy and when accessing it using my external url (paperless.mydomain.org, e.g.) I get

CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.

According to the paperless docs I need to set a docker env variable:

PAPERLESS_URL=paperless.mydomain.org

but I am unclear as to how to do this with your addon. Any suggestions? Thanks!