Paperless-ng Add-on

I was setting it from the home assistant hostname, i’ll add custom URL as an optional config option.

Sorry for the late reply, I don’t receive emails notifications from this website.

1 Like

I’ve added the ability to set PAPERLESS_URL manually in the last release, i’ll update the repository soon

Thank you!

https://community.home-assistant.io/u/username/preferences/notifications

Thanks, it fact it was in the email tab, “never” was selected

1 Like

How were you able to install this into your HA? IIUC a repo config is required for HA add-on panel to download it.

I’ve made a PR adding this config: Add HA addon repo config and install instructions by nareddyt · Pull Request #19 · BenoitAnastay/paperless-home-assistant-addon · GitHub

The repository is here GitHub - BenoitAnastay/home-assistant-addons-repository: This is a repository for my own addons, based on the Home Assistant Community repository

It’s separated from the source code since it’s required for continuous integration workflow

I’m gonna wait for the next stable release of paperless-ngx to update the add on since their might be some bugs in the current release candidate

2 Likes

2.0 ist released.

Do you have any kind of tutorial on how to get this running in HA as a layman? I’m still very new to the subject.

My repository is updated with 2.0.0 but 2.0.1 is already released so I’ll update my repository again

2 Likes

Do you have a tutorial or can you give some advice how to configure the addon?

For a basic installation you just have to set default admin credential in the confugiration tab before running the addon

Is it possible to change location for the files?

I run HA on a NUC but the location should move from /share to my NAS (DS214 no Docker).

I tried something with url path … but do not work. ftp://name:pass@ip/path or http://name:pass@ip/path ?

I tried to use the Home Assistant OS network share mounting into /share/paperless but it failed.

Paperless-ngx need to watch folder with inotify and it doesn’t work with network storages.

Personally I just use the HA storage with samba add-on but I’ll have to extend my drive, but you can try to mount others folders to your NAS and keep consume directory on HA drive.

Anyway I’ll try to add some options to the add-on for network shares

3 Likes

I added polling intervals as optional configuration,.it should resolve the problem of system file notification in cases /share/paperless/consume is on a network storage.

You can use HA os network share mounting to mount a NAS folder to /share/paperless and set a polling interval then your files should be grabbed from the consume directory on your mounted directory.

You can otherwise keep the consume directory on HA amd make a mounting point to /share/paperless/data and /share/paperless/media

2 Likes

First of all, many thanks for the optimization and your work.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to set this up.

• What needs to be mounted and how? The documents should only be on the NAS (more storage space with backup and access for different users)
  • What should be entered in the “Paperless URL” field?
  • What value is expected in the “polling interval” field and what makes sense? 10 (seconds)?

I haven’t documented the add-on since everything is documented elsewhere, I’ll maybe add some details in the readme.

For PAPERLESS_URL it’s used when you have a domain name

The polling interval will depends on how often you’ll add documents and how long your ready to wait before its discovery, I may say that 15 to 60s is decent.

The mounting from HA you check share in usage and you name it paperless.
It should mount your directory to /share/paperless and the add-on should run fine.

I did that before switchting for the issue with inotify but polling is a workaround that should works

FYI: I also made an addon for paperless-ngx. It’s just a lightweight extension of the official docker images, so that hopefully less upstream changes need to be tracked for the addon:

I also added a mount for the config dir, so that all of the paperless-ngx config options can be used with a paperless.conf file in the HA config dir.
And i mounted the media dir. This way a consumption dir on any network share configured in HA can be used (with polling).

/paperless is on my synology nas … now I habe this problem:

Connected to Redis broker.
/sbin/docker-prepare.sh: line 72: /share/paperless/data/migration_lock: Permission denied

chmod 777 for all files.

/sbin … where can I find it?

Home Assistant addon entry script
Continuing with original docker entry script
Paperless-ngx docker container starting...
Creating directory /share/paperless/paperless/data
Creating directory /share/paperless/paperless/data/index
Creating directory /share/paperless/paperless/media
Creating directory /share/paperless/paperless/media/documents
Creating directory /share/paperless/paperless/media/documents/originals
Creating directory /share/paperless/paperless/media/documents/thumbnails
Creating directory /share/paperless/paperless/consume
Creating directory /tmp/paperless
Adjusting permissions of paperless files. This may take a while.
Waiting for Redis...
Connected to Redis broker.
/sbin/docker-prepare.sh: line 72: /share/paperless/paperless/data/migration_lock: Permission denied```