Paradox Alarm MQTT Hassio addon

Not working…

In Lovelace:

entities:
  - entity: binary_sensor.portoncino_giardino
    secondary_info: last-change

Expected a value of type `{entity,name,icon} | entity-id` for `entities.0.secondary_info` but received `"last-change"`.

As mentioned in both my previous messages. It’s a custom card:

Another question, is it possible to rename this button?

18132c76926a10a6932c4a16ebdaf8e768788b4d

alarm_control_panel:

- platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "paradox/alarm/state/1"
    command_topic: "paradox/alarm/cmnd/1"
    payload_disarm: "DISARM"
    payload_arm_home: "ARM_HOME"
    payload_arm_away: "ARM_AWAY" <------------------------ THIS
    qos: 1
    name: "Control State Home"

@Claude_Renaud @scstraus I have tryed to create a custom card with secondary_info, but it don’t work.

I have installed card-tools from Hacs, after in Lovelece I create new manual card with this code:

type: entities
entities:
  - entity: binary_sensor.porta_caldaia
    name: Absolute time for last-changed
    type: "custom:secondaryinfo-entity-row"
    secondary_info: "[[ binary_sensor.porta_caldaia.last_changed ]]"

But it don’t work :frowning_face:

(blu: it work, red: don’t work, yellow: how it should be)

Hi All,

Back in Nov 2019, with this post I anticipated I’d open source a custom PCB board I used to trigger the alarm.

It has taken its time, but the day is finally here! Please have a look at the Maisken Homelay V1.0.1 board for your home automation projects.

The way I use it with the Paradox alarm is to use two dry-contact relays. In the Paradox alarm, I’ve configured them (via the Babyware software) one to act as a 24h panic button; the other to trigger the alarm if it is armed. This way I have a panic button in HA, and I can trigger the alarm in automations.

In my case I had to enable the “Advanced Technology Zone (ATZ) Connection” in my Paradox alarm, and use resistors accordingly, so that I can use two relays on the same control terminal on the alarm unit.

Hope you find it useful, and that everyone’s safe in these troubled times.

2 Likes

Wow this is an unexpected and very useful feature addition!! Thank you so much, it will go on my todo list. Now I can add all my zwave sensors to my alarm system!

I would love to see pics of how you wired up the alarm system and any info on how to choose what resistor is needed for those of us who are less electrically inclined.

Did you put the include in your Lovelace.yaml or configuration.yaml as instructed by HACS? If so, can you show what you put where and tell us which version of homeassistant you are on?

Hi @scstraus,

Unfortunately it’s hard for me to take pictures due to the location where everything is installed. However, you should be able to get the wiring diagrams from page 13 of the Paradox manual.

You should be able to implement both “NC contacts, NO EOL, with Tamper” and “NC contacts, EOL, with Tamper and wire Fault”. Re: tamper and wire fault, unless you add a proper anti-tamper switch, you’ll only trigger an alarm if the wire gets cut, which is already something – if you don’t have anti-tamper switch, the two solutions will work basically the same, and in practice you can ignore the tamper switch in the diagrams, and consider it a piece of wire. You’ll see you basically have to connect 2 relays in series, with a resistor in parallel to each relay, which is super-easy to do: you screw it in the relay socket together with the wire (like depicted in the diagrams).

The diagrams also tell you the resistor value to use. This is important: the alarm basically senses which relay is triggered by measuring the overall resistance of the circuit (but you don’t have to worry about this: the Paradox circuitry does all that for you!) In Babyware, you have to tell you’re using ATZ, so the resistance measuring is properly done by the alarm.

I hope this helps, and doesn’t confuse things too much :slight_smile:

Hi!
Is it possible to recieve the name of the sensor that generated the alarm through Telegram notification?
Now I receive only notification when I activate/deactivate the Paradox alarm (via HomeAssistant automation)…it would be very helpful to receive also the sensor name.

Thanks

hi, did you solve with the “last motion”? I’ve got the same problem …

Hi @KameDomotics,

As of now, it’s doable but not straightforward to do so: you could track which sensors are open when the alarm is triggered. For example, set up an automation with:

• trigger: any sensor goes to on
  • condition: alarm is triggered
  • action: send Telegram notification with sensor being on

(you may also need a companion automation, as it’s not clear in which order you’ll receive the “zone open” and “alarm triggered” events:

• trigger: alarm is triggered
  • condition: some zone is open
  • action: send telegram notification for the open zone)

I plan adding a dedicated topic indicating which zones are in alarm state, which would make handling straightforward. I’ll try to look into this when I get some cycles to work on this project, unless anyone wants to share a pull request earlier!

Cheers

Hello,

Still looking for the best alarm system with a perfect HA integration so that I can replace most of my PIR sensors with professional and more reliable PIR sensors. But for that I need an alarm system that will forward all sensor status to Hass without latency and whatever the alarm status (armed, disarmed, partially armed,…).

Visonic and Paradox are on my short-list.

Can you confirm me that a Paradox Magellan, Digiplex or EVO alarm and this Hass.io component would fit my needs ? :slight_smile:
No latency to get sensor status updated in Hass ?
Sensor status updated even when the alarm is not armed ?
Stable component overall ?

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Yes the paradox component meets all those parameters. I haven’t seen any delays or had any unreliability once it’s been set up and it updates even when not armed. The only issue is finding the old firmware IP150S and that it’s logging is pretty useless for debugging, so it takes a bit of time to get the config right.

1 Like

Hi there.
I would like to use this integration but my first stumbling block is the Panel code…
I have an SP65 with an IP150 (may need to fiddle the firmware) but I do not have a Panel code, where would I find this?

Could I please get confirmation for this…if I use this Paradox MQTT addon for home assistant, am I still able to use Alarmin on my Android phone to connect to the panel?

I was of the impression that we could only have 1 instance of connection to the panel but I am not sure. Could anyone please confirm?

Thanks!

You cannot use Alarmin to connect to the panel when this addon is enabled and working.
You CAN however disable the addon temporarily when you need to use Alarmin (to configure push notifications etc) and then enable the addon again once you sign out of Alarmin.
I’ve got push notifications going via Alarmin (that’s all I use it for now) as well as push notifications via the Home Assistant Android App
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Which panel code?

• The one to get into your IP150? Can’t help you there - it would have been set when you first got the IP150 set up
  • The one in Home Assistant? This is something that you set yourself, and you are prompted to enter this when you want to make a change to the state. Think of it like a pin just like you’re prompted if you wanted to turn on/off your alarm from your physical alarm panel :slight_smile:

Thanks mate! Legend!

So after I have completed all the configuration (sign out of the addon if i need to configure alarmin) can I do this:

1. Leave the paradox panel connected to the home assistant via the MQTT addon.

2. And while the paradox is connected to the home assistant, use Alarm min to check my alarm status, PIR states and arm/disarm the panel.

Is the above possible?

1. Yes - you’ll need this for number 2
  2. Not quite. Let’s assume your Home Assistant instance is online 24/7. You’ll also want this HA Paradox addon enabled and connected to your IP150 (or equivalent) also 24/7. Once the addon is connected, you’ll have access via Home Assistant to do the following:
  • Check the armed/disarmed/triggered status of your zones
  • Arm/Disarm your zone(s)
  • See when PIR/door/window sensors detect motion/are opened or closed
  • Create automations around the above - eg if alarm state goes from disarmed to armed, turn on the lights to make it look like someone is home

This Paradox addon unlocks more functionality that you can use with your alarm. Once you connect it and start seeing the opportunities available, you won’t want to turn it off again :slight_smile:

Thanks xessiv. I understand now.