Paulmann Plug & Shine Zigbee Controller Reset 93999

I’ve spent the last few hours trying to reset my Paulmann 93999 Zigbee controller. You have to switch it on / off in very specific order to get it done. Since I couldn’t get it to work manually I ended using an Sonoff wall plug and a script.

alias: Paulmann Reset
sequence:
  - repeat:
      count: 5
      sequence:
        - type: turn_off
          device_id: 2b821c1ffe74848408d6c6cd64f17
          entity_id: switch.sonoff_s20_relay
          domain: switch
        - delay:
            hours: 0
            minutes: 0
            seconds: 3
            milliseconds: 300
        - type: turn_on
          device_id: 2b821c1ffe74848408d6c6cd64f17
          entity_id: switch.sonoff_s20_relay
          domain: switch
        - delay:
            hours: 0
            minutes: 0
            seconds: 1
            milliseconds: 300
mode: single

Maybe this helps someone else as well.

Robert

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.
I have a question: how did you connect to the controller? I am using Deconz Conbee with Hue and I was wondering if it is compatible with Paulmann.

I use a deCONZ ConBee II stick.

1 Like

Thanks - I will give it a try🙏

Hi Robert - many thanks for this!

I didn’t actually use your script - though it’s a great idea! - but you alerted me to the fact that Paulmann Zigbee controllers may be much more sensitive to timing than I had realised.

I was in the process of trying to return one of my Velora LED panels because I thought the Zigbee controller (a 371000001, in case anyone’s Googling) was malfunctioning, because (after working happily for three years) I just couldn’t get it to re-pair with either my Hue hub or my Conbee.

But seeing what you had to go through made me realise I probably hadn’t been careful enough or tried hard enough. So I went back up the ladder and was much more careful about the on and off times, and sure enough, on about the fourth attempt, it all paired up beautifully!

I’m embarrassed to say I had already returned one of these panels in the past for what I thought was the same fault (in an otherwise excellent light - I have nine of them)!

Your script is an excellent idea, though - I have a sonoff or two lying around so I’ll probably make use of it if I ever have to do a mass-re-pairing - thanks!

Quentin

Hi Quentin,

glad it helped you.

If I didn’t had my lights already for such a long time I would have just returned them as well. Never thought that timing is so crucial on some devices.

Robert

Thanks for sharing! I was desperate to pair my Paulmann unit and finally found another method that could be useful for those who struggle with it.

As Paulmann is a “friend of HUE”, you can also use a Phillips HUE remote to reset your unit. Place it next to the unit (a few centimeters away) and press both on and off buttons (on/off and scene buttons for the last remote version) until your light flash a few times (about 10s).

Paulmann timing challenges has been a nightmare for me so if it can help anybody out there :slight_smile:

1 Like