Pc control

Hi guys does anyone know any easy way or component to control windows pc (windows 10) , such as volume control , shut down , reboot and etc ?

Windows 10?

If you are still interested, look at my project: GitHub - richibrics/IoTuring: Simple and powerful cross-platform script to control your pc and share statistics using communication protocols like MQTT and home control hubs like HomeAssistant.
You can use it to control MacOS, Windows (7,8,8.1,10,11) and Linux.
(Ps if you like my work, leave a Star on github thanks :wink: )

2 Likes

at that point one is getting in the realm of orchestration, outside of using a full IT tool like chef, salt, or ansible. One could just install powershell 6, and chocolatey. Then enable winrm and have a powershell script execute the following:

1. if nircmd.exe is not installed; execute choco install nircmd

2. use Invoke-Command with something like -ComputerName "my home pc" -ScriptBlock { nircmd mutesysvolume 1 }

On number 2; where “my home pc” is the pc name/ip address and the command inside the curly brackets is the nircmd one wishes to use.

In this example its mute the volume (same as nircmd.exe setsysvolume 0), while full volume is (nircmd.exe setsysvolume 65535) and shutdown is shutdown /s /t 0 and reboot is shutdown /r /t 0

you could probably have the hass server itself telnet netcat into the pc and have the pc be running a reverse shell