Philips Dynalite integration - state reporting

Hello!

I’m redirected to open new topic from this post, I don’t know how to start this topic, I guess I will go to the point directly. I have configured my Home Assistant with my Dynalite network. I know there is a way to get the state of my connected devices by activating the active option in my configuration. I have done so, you can find below my configuration to be checked if needed.

dynalite:
  bridges:
    - host: 192.168.0.146
      autodiscover: true
      name: dynalite
      active: on
      polltimer: 0.5
      area:
        '2':
          name: Majlis
          template: room
          channel:
            '1':
              name: Spot
            '2':
              name: Chandlier
            '3':
              name: Covelight
        '3':
          name: Living Room
          channel:
            '1':
              name: Living Covelight 
            '3':
              name: Living Chandlier
            '4':
              name: Living Spot
        '4':
          name: Main Entrance
          channel:
            '2':
            '5':
              name:  Spot
            '6':
        '5':
          name: Dinning
          channel:
            '1':
        '6':
          name: Kitchen
          channel:
            '1':
            '2':
        '7':
          name: Stair
          channel:
            '1':
              name: Lights
        '9':
          name: Master Bed
          channel:
            '1':
            '6':
            '7':
        '10':
          name: Master Sitting
          channel:
            '1':
            '2':
            '3':
        '11':
          name: Family Room
          channel:
            '1':
            '2':
            '3':
        '12':
          name: Master Entrance
          channel:
            '8':
        '14':
          name: Outside Wall
          channel:
            '2':
              name: Lamp
        '15':
          name: First Floor Lobby
          channel:
            '1':
        '16':
          name: Outside villa wall
          channel:
            '1':
              name: out
        '17':
          name: Master Bath
          channel:
            '1':
        '18':
          name: Master Dress
          channel:
            '1':

Here what I’m getting

Thanks

Thanks. Can you please send the logs with debug for the library. Definitely doesn’t seem like it is capturing the dimming. Will look in the logs to see what dynalite is sending on the network

below is my log file

thanks. I see that some of the channels use the “fade channel to preset”, which has not yet been implemented yet in the version that you have. I submitted a pull request to home assistant, but it hasn’t been approved and merged yet, so I assume it will hit 0.114 since i believe we are past the cutoff for 0.113

just to be sure, can you please let me know which area / channel are you experiencing this behavior with?

looking a bit more into the logs, i am quite sure this is it, as all the commands it sees on the network are fade channel to preset, which the current version ignores.

if we want to check this quicker, i can create a custom component for you to install instead of the normal dynalite. do you know how to install custom components?

Thank you for your reply, all the areas having the same issue, however some do not send feedback state. I will be interested testing. Yes I know how to install custom component.

Thanks again

do you know when the new Dynalite will be integrated to home assistant?

It is already merged to dev, so you can install a dev version from home assistant. I believe it will be in the 115 timeframe in the next few weeks, but I don’t know how they choose the commits in a specfic release

1 Like

Hello again, I have updated Home Assistant to 115, and the same issue is there. Shall I reinstall the integration?

Are you getting the same error in your log file as highlighted by @ziv?
Cheers

yes however I need to recheck

Did you ever resolve this issue? My lights do not update the state in HA when using the the Dynalite switches.

OK SOLVED - I needed to change to Dynet1 messages. My states now update when using switches. You need to the Dynalite System Builder software to do this.

Still my issue persist, I’m having this issue with Antumbra keypad with lcd only. As you said it is solved, if you can share what exactly have you done so I can resolve my issue as well

Thanks

Do you have the system builder configuration software and are you using the Dynalite PDEG ethernet Gateway?

I brought up the edit screen for the PDEG, go to the port editor tab. The ports are listed below.
For IPv4 Port 2, the port type was set to Dynet2. I changed to Dynet1 and updated the device.

After that the states immediately updated. Maybe I restarted - not sure.

Thank you,

Yes I have the system builder however I’m using genetic serial to ethernet bridge. I will check & look at the system builder maybe there is some hints there

Edit: I was having it set to Automatic, now I kept it as Dynet1

Did that fix it?

Nope, do you have the Antumbra LCD keypad? the issue that I have is there only the normal Antumbra keypad doesn’t have this issue.

I have one Antumbra LCD and it works. In my setup, I am only using presets, not channel controls. When I get time, I’ll set up a channel and see what happens.

If you get the time I would like to know the setting in system builder, currently this is my setting from the company that done the integration for me.

This is a toggle switch:

This is a all light on preset switch:

Is it only the top left button for kitchen spot that does not reflect the state correctly?

Does the bottom left all light preset reflect the correct state?