Philips Dynalite lighting + switches

thanks. Can you please open the first issue in a new topic? This one is getting long. If you can reproduce and send me the logs with dynalite_devices_lib set to debug, would be great. There is another similar thread that i am working on a similar topic but not sure if it is the same.

For the second issue, is it happening when you move them to a position or simply up / down? if it is by setting the position, i believe i know where the problem is and can fix it. In my setup i use mostly up/down and i can certainly move them in parallel.

The issue with the component is that i found several bugs and pretty much had to rewrite the library to make it stable. will get the missing features / broken functionality fixed quickly

1st issue.
Started new topic:

2nd issue
Yes, i mostly use set cover position, and not up down. But what confuses me is that in automations it mostly works (not allway) and from lovelace it never works, always one at the time.

It is great if you know what it can be :slight_smile:

Regards

Ok if I create a custom component for you with that functionality to test it until it gets absorbed in the mainline code?

Great, let me know :slight_smile:

Hey all, I’m a Dynalite programmer but new to HASS.
RE: issues with feedback from your Dyanlite network ie you press a physical switch but the channels aren’t updated in HASS - I’m using a PDEG which auto configs the port to Dynet 2 and wasn’t getting feedback. I configured a new TCP server port using Dynet 1 and it is now working.
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks. Good to hear. If you are a Dynalite programmer, any chance that you have the binary protocol for dynet 2? i couldn’t find it online so the component only supports dynet 1

The Dynet-2 protocol is proprietary so you won’t find it anywhere unfortunately, only Dynet-1 is open.

Thanks. So unless someone from Phillips decides to integrate it, will only support dynet 1…

BTW, do you know how to setup a PDEG so it uses dynet 1 and not dynet 2? I had people having problems

I doubt they ever will tbh…

Yes, you need to change the port settings for the one setup to integrate with HA

Hello Flinn,

I’m dealing with the same problem.

Where did you set up the new TCP server port using Dynet 1? I couldn’t find where to make these settings. I would be glad if you help.

Thank you.

Hi,

Using System Builder/Envision Project Dynalite software. It’s under the PDEG in Port settings.

PXL_20210209_090901313~4|666x500

Hi Flinn,

You saved me from a big trouble. It is working now. Thank you so much.

Can I ask you one more question?

I have 1 area with 1 channel.

area:
        '2':
          name: MasterBed
          template: room
          nodefault: true
          room_on: 1
          room_off: 4
          channel:
            '1':
              name: Spot
              type: light
              fade: 2.0

When I turn the Area on and off, the Channel data also changes.

But when I turn the Channel on and off, Area data does not change.

What could be the reason for this?

Hi mate,

This is just how Dynalite works - sending Presets will change the state of Channels within the Area, however changing Channel levels won’t affect the current Preset. Ie if you have an Area with 3 x Channels in it, sending a Preset 1 may turn on all 3 x Channels - you can individually turn all 3 x Channels off and the Area will still be in Preset 1.

The only way to get Presets to follow Channels is using conditional tasking in a device which will keep track of channel status and change the preset once they are all off - its a bit of work.

Hope this helps

Flinn

Hi Flinn,

I understand it clearly. Thanks a lot.

To solve this issue, I created light group in HASS using this guide:

I added the channel lights to the group and named it “All Lights”. Now I have virtual dimmable Area Entity in HASS. So, I can use it in cards as a light.

When I change “All Lights”, the channel lights under it get that value. Also, if I change the channel lights separately, “All Lights” takes their average. It’s very useful.

Thank you.

Top line, right hand side.

Hi Ziv,
first of all this is a great project , thanks .
i just setup HA with Dynalite over docker on mac and looks like everything works great except of one issue , when i click on the real switch (on the wall) the status of light is NOT updated in the HA panel.
but i can see on the logs that preset is changed :

2021-03-22 10:42:31 DEBUG (MainThread) [dynalite_devices_lib] Received CHANNEL message

2021-03-22 10:42:31 DEBUG (MainThread) [dynalite_devices_lib] handle_channel_change - data={'area': 11, 'action': 'preset', 'preset': 4, 'fade': 0.0, 'channel': 1}

2021-03-22 10:42:31 DEBUG (MainThread) [dynalite_devices_lib] create_channel_if_new - area=11, channel=1 

Any idea how to solve that ?
Do i need to add something to config file so we will trigger REQUEST_CHANNEL_LEVEL

if you need more info let me know .

thanks for your help

ido

HI all,

So I have taken the plunge and started a project to integrate my Dynalite system into HA.

I bought an EByte E810-DTU Ethernet to RS485 converter and configured it as follows:

I am getting a solid link light when HA connects.

I also get a very quick blink when a light is turned on or off.

Socket A: Shows “connect”

I have 4 wires coming from the Dynalite system but I am only using the 2 data wires not VCC or GND.

I am getting devices added in HA now as lights are turned on and off.

If I turn lights on at the wall then HA updates the state.

If I toggle a switch in HA then the converter’s activity led flickers.

The probIem is I cannot yet control any lights in HA. Added the Areas to the YAML but no response on the lights. I can’t seem to figure out the minimum config for a basic turn on/off.

Here is my entry in configuration.yaml:

dynalite:
  bridges:
    - host: 10.0.0.150
      port: 12345
      autodiscover: true #Turn this off when you have things working
      name: dynalite
      active: on
      polltimer: 1
      area:
        '5':
          name: Kitchen
        '6':
          name: Range
        '10':
          name: Study
          preset:
            '2':
              name: Faded
        '15':
          name: Dining
        '80':
          name: Balcony

Any help appreciated. Thanks

this is strange. can you please run with logs at debug level, at least for the components dynalite_devices_lib and homeassistant.components.dynalite

this may tell us what the issue is. if you give me the log for the timeframe where you run such an experiment, i will be happy to look