Philips Dynalite lighting + switches

That’s right, unless there’s been specific programming done by someone with deep Dynalite understanding, the join bytes are always 0xFF.

1 Like

Thank you, I will add logger today and see what comes up.

My file went up to 500 mb so I had to restart HA. below is my log file !

Thanks. Very helpful.
What is happening here is that the TCP stream you are receiving is not a Dynet stream. Dynet stream is build from 8 bytes chunk. First one is sync, usually 0x1c followed by 6 bytes, and then checksum. When the component doesn’t find the sync type, it advances to the next byte in the stream until it finds a sync.
In your case, this were random 0x1C in the TCP stream, and then it read it as a packet and it failed the checksum.
The real issue is that it is not generating the relevant stream to connect to. Which gateway do you use? can you share a screenshot from the configuration?

1 Like

Thank you, I want to note that my rs485 bridge is having both rs485 and rs232 I have added both configuration since I suspect that there is interference

this is weird. couldn’t find anything suspicious there. I am not an expert there, but it seems like the packet time / length are non-default (right side says default is 0). is there a reason? I don’t really know what these things mean…

The problem i have is that the stream that is received doesn’t look like anything Dynet / Dynalite. Perhaps if we capture it in a file, it would give us a better understanding. if you have linux, can you try capturing in a file the output of nc to its port? If we capture the first X bytes, we may be able to analyze the file and understand what happens there. Surely it can be done from Windows too, just will have to look up the commands…

1 Like

also, if we suspect interference, maybe worthwhile to try to run once with the RS232 disconnected to rule it out?

1 Like

could it be that the gateway goes to sleep?

i can obviously add a keepalive parameter, but it never happens in my setup so will be difficult to test without understanding the issue

1 Like

Thank you for your follow up, I don’t have any reason to change the packet time / length I was checking if it will make any deference. I will be getting new bridge by next week and I will see if that makes any deference, because I don’t have any option to turn rs 232 off.

I didn’t get what you mean by capturing output of nc. I will happily do it if I knew how, if there is any guide available I will follow the same.

Thanks

Perhaps also change the UART Packet Time to 20ms and see if that makes a difference, that’s what it’s typically set to on a PDEG

1 Like

I will do that now and see, Thanks

if you have access to linux, just run the following command:
nc GATEWAY_IP GATEWAY_PORT > resfile
create some activity in the Dyanlite network to see that resfile has enough data, and it should capture the same stream that the component is seeing, but then we can run some analysis on it. after it is big enough, just use Ctrl-C to stop and upload the resfile

1 Like

I tried to do it in windows, not sure if it is helpful, below link is for the file I got as a result

https://easyupload.io/kekx6k

Just an update, I changed my bridge, and it seems to work no more check sum error.

Good. The one suspicion i had was that it was using the Dynet 2 protocol, which is internal to Phillips and they don’t publish it, so glad to head that it works.

Let me know if you encounter anything else or have a missing feature that can make it better

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I just need to get feedback working 100%, currently only when I restart home assistant it gives the state of the lights. My active configuration is now active: on

can you please start a new thread about this? this one is getting quite long.

when you open it, can you please describe the scenario that you see that reproduces it, and i am sure we will be able to understand it

1 Like

All right thanks again for your patience. Will do so

New topic added here

Thanks

Hi

Well, few issues:

• not really good at capturing states, often light is on 100% and HA shows 60% or off. Worked OK with unofficial component.
  • can’t move more than one cover. If I order 4 of them to close HA will do it one in a time. Goes to move next when previous is finished. Automation will move them all together, but from Lovelace it is like this, one by one.

Config is a bit different, so it took some time and trying to make it work but that looks Ok now. It is not as in documentation where " no changes needed when going to official. Not that big deal, but worth mentioning.