Philips Hue Motion Sensor two sensors for motion

I bought myself Philips Hue motion sensor because of it’s fast response and reset times. I used ZHA to integrate it with HA (zhaquirks.philips.motion.PhilipsMotion was used). I was a little bit surprised when discovered that there are also temp sensor and lux sensor - didn’t even noticed that as all I wanted was motion sensor.

But on the topic. There are two sensors connected to motion: occupancy and on_off. I have also Sonoff motion sensors and they have one called on_off. So I thought that would be the one here as well but in case of Philips that wasn’t true. Occupancy is the one that changes when there’s a motion and on_off doesn’t do anything. So what the point of occupancy one?

The on_off sensor relates to the push button inside the sensor (next to the reset switch there is a switch marked with a letter T). If you open the battery compartment, you’ll see it.

The occupancy item indicates if there is movement. It stays active for a couple of seconds (cooldown period). My experience is that it was not triggered for a while it stays longer active (15 secs), if triggered a couple of times quicker between the attempts it will be 10secs.

I got occupancy and motion, but motions stays all the time off or on. Only the occupancy changes if motion was detected. Is that normal?

It looks like. Not sure why is that for this sensor. I just set it up to use occupancy and everything works as it should.
Logically motion should provide real time info about sensor detecting any movement.