Philips Hue Tap Dial Switch - ZHA

Thanks very much for this blueprint. The switches are very cool for me. Is it possible to turn on scenes with the buttons? I can choose a scene in “entity” but it didn’t work right now.

This blueprint leverages the homeassistant.toggle action, which I don’t think scenes respond to. But there has been a variation of this blueprint made by @vnkr which lets you do any action you want. I would suggest giving that a try. It is here

Thanks very much, that’s exactly what I’m searching for!

Thank you! What a beautiful blueprint this is. I landed here, because I have 4 Ikea Fyrtur motorized covers and wanted to use the hue tap dial to control all 4. So I took your blueprint and modified it, mainly by renaming light(s) to cover(s) and using a different service to set the cover position:

- conditions: '{{ current_cover != none }}'
        sequence:
        - service: cover.set_cover_position
          target: '{{ covers[states(current_cover)] }}'
          data:
            position: '{{ step_size }}'

…which works sortoff, blinds going up and down, but in a more or less random fashion - it has a mind of its own on the up/down decision. The position for the cover is normally a value between 0-100 and makes it move to that position. Do you have any idea what I should investigate here?

Thanks anyway - I think I am almost there :wink:

Almost works, the only problem is fetching the actual position of the selected cover. If I fill in the precise entity in the template, it works (for that cover only) so I need an equivalent that retrieves it from the array of devices (variable lights aka covers in this case)

- conditions:
    - '{{ command == ''step_with_on_off'' }}'
    - '{{ step_mode == ''StepMode.Down'' }}'
    sequence:
    - choose:
      - conditions: '{{ current_cover != none }}'
        sequence:
          target: '{{ covers[states(current_cover)] }}'
          data:
           position: "{{ (state_attr('cover.roll_cover', 'current_position') | int)  - (step_size | int ) }}"
#           position: "{{ (state_attr(covers[states(current_cover)], 'current_position') | int)  + (step_size | int ) }}"
      default:
        target: !input first_cover
        data:
          position: "{{ (state_attr('cover.roll_cover', 'current_position') | int)  - (step_size | int ) }}"

The ‘#’ line does not work…

Honestly not sure why that wouldn’t be working. Looks like it should work and this post seems to back that up where the same sort of thing is being done with a variable entity passed to state_attr.

Does the HUE tap switch, with the blueprint work with besides zigbee lights, also with zwave dimmer I already have in my system?

It works with any switch or light device in your system. Regardless of which integration it comes through.

Great thanks. Just ordered one!

Thanks! Got my tap dial switch today and installed this blueprint and it works great. But I have some questions:

1. Can the dial be adjusted so that the steps in dimming will be slower? I now have to dial about 12 clicks to change the dimming from 10 to 100%. Could 24 clicks be possible for example?

2. For testing I added some devices/entities to a button, but it seems when there is just 1 device selected, it can’t be deleted. Only when you add a second one, the other can be deleted.

1. That’s a good idea. I should be able to add some scaling

2. That is a bug in HA. I’ve noticed that everywhere (scripts, automations, dev tools, etc)

1 Like
  1. Great, thank you very much.

2. Haha didn’t notice that yet.

Did you had some time to implement the scaling already?

1 Like

I’ve got some initial work done in it. Just needs some polish probably tonight.

Edit: Scaling has been added to the blueprint

1 Like

Thanks, scaling works great.

hi everyone.

is it possible to use this blueprint for the tap dial but while using the Hue Hub? or is there a similar blueprint for use with the hue hub?
thanks!

No, it only supports being connected to HA using ZHA

thanks for info.
shame, does anyone know of a similar solution for tap dials on the Hue hub?

@apollo1220 This Blueprint looks great! =)

I’m using zigbee2mqtt (z2m) in my setup - do you know if there’s any chance this could be extended to support zigbee2mqtt?

How complicated an endeavour would that be?

I have to make assumptions because I’ve never had zigbee2mqtt setup on my HA.

But I would assume all you would need to do is change the events that the trigger is looking for. And then possibly change how some of the variable values are getting pulled out of the trigger event as it might be structured differently in zigbee2mqtt.

So as to how complicated, should be on the easy side if my assumptions are correct.