- platform: template property platform is not allowed

Hey

after the next update I get this error in all templates
- platform: template property platform is not allowed

I have output to external folders like this

how to fix and in which file to create templates now?

where to read public relations in NA?

now you need to redo all the templates?

1 Like
7 Likes

Is it the same with “Property platform is not allowed” message, after updating to HA Core core-2021.12.10 and the following setup:

includes within configuration.yaml (sensor → several files)

results in error messages within one of these files

see what tom_I said.
I have this too. Quite scary lol
everything works and no errors on reloading or checking config.
Suppose there will be an update that fixes this bug

1 Like

Same here with Visual code. But as said, everything works :wink:

There’s an open Issue at github:

@frenck: I know, I’ve been returning to the issue a couple of times now to investigate, I fail to understand the source of the problem until now.

1 Like

Is this just an issue with the old style templates? I use vscode but I’m not seeing this error.

Any idea if the old style will eventually be deprecated? Seem kinda redundant to have two methods of declaring sensor templates.

It’s only an issue with the VSCode addon. If you are using VSCode on a desktop PC (via SAMBA or SSH) it isn’t an issue.

Hi Tom, Didn’t know I could use VS via Samba or SHH is there any info on how to set up the SHH gig.

many thanks

D

I’ve never used it via SSH only SAMBA.

You just need an sshfs extension, for example this one:

I still haven’t solved this problem

please any help

Yes the problem still persists as there was no patch released yet. There is nothing a user can solve, the schema is completely valid. This appears to be the issue of HA helper used in VSCode Addon.

I just downgraded the addon back to version 4.0.0 by changing the version in addons.json file and it reverted to working condition. turn off automatic updates if you do so.

3 Likes

Care to elaborate? I’ve edited /usr/share/hassio/addons.json. “4.1.0” appears two places in that file (under “user” and “system”). I’ve tried to replace them both with “4.0.0”, but still at version 4.1.0 after reboot.

I am not the official developer, so they should be able to provide more details and troubleshooting but this is what I did if I remember correctly:

1. turn off automatic updates for the vscode addon in HA interface
  2. get docker image locally, so when the container start is requested it will be present. (on the host machine run docker pull ghcr.io/hassio-addons/vscode/amd64:4.0.0 for PC or ghcr.io/hassio-addons/vscode/arm64:4.0.0 for Pi)
  3. edit file /usr/share/hassio/addons.json its owned by root, so you must run the editor with sudo f.e. sudo nano /usr/share/hassio/addons.json and change the line "version": "4.1.0", to "version": "4.0.0",. I actually did it only for the one under user section and that was enough, I am not sure where system is used, but feel free to change it in both places for consistency.
  4. reboot the host machine. I did it not via the interface because the supervisor may correct the versions. I just run reboot command on my shot machine and next time it came back it was reading values from the json and used the pulled docker image to recreate old container.
1 Like

Thank you. I was unable to make this work. Maybe because I rebooted through Supervisor - I don’t know.

However I found another way:

• Did a partial backup, only backup of Studio Code Server 4.1.0.
  • Downloaded the backup
  • Edited backup.json and coder.json inside tar and tar.gz. Changed version from 4.1.0 to 4.0.0
    (When using my default packer, restore failed. Had to use 7zip to edit the json-files)
  • Uninstalled Studio Code Server
    (- Restart)
  • Uploaded edited backup
  • Restored edited backup
    (- Restart)
    Version 4.0.0 is back.

This might work with other addons as well.

1 Like

this does not work
I checked now

Using the backup? I just did this and it worked for me. Where did it fail? Any error messages?

This issue seems to still persist. Has anyone tagged the Studio Code Server dev? @frenck
edit: scratch that, it appears to have been resolved somehow. Perhaps I got an update?

1 Like

Working with Visual Studio Code and like the fact that I get slapped on my fingers when my syntax is incorrect. I experienced the value_template error when I moved the entity from the mqtt.yaml file into my first packages. Needless to say this put me on the wrong foot.

HA-version: 2023.11.0 (installed in a Docker Container)