Platinum Weather Card support

You should be able to create a template sensor something like this:

template:
  - sensor:
      - name: barcelona update time
        state: >
          {{ states.weather.barcelona_aemet_daily.last_changed }}

and then use the entity it creates in the card.

I have managed to get the card and configure it… but some reason when i try to make changes now, i don’t see the options to make changes… i have clear the cache, restarted the browser and everything but cannot get to show the card configuration. any ideas??

HA 2022.11 breaks it. I have been trying to get a response from the devs, but they are currently ignoring anyone that asks about this (another card developer has also asked and not getting a response). I am trying to figure out a work around, but it will be only that and not guaranteed to work in all cases.

I have added the following to the sensors section of the configuration.yaml, then on the card i added the newly created sensor and it properly displays the time and date information.

• platform: time_date
    display_options:
    • ‘date_time’

I have released a partial fix for the breaking change made by 2022.11.
2.1.1 will show the buttons now, but entity and attribute pickers may or may not be visible. As a workaround if you have a button and an entity card on the same view it will work properly.

1 Like

Having errors with OpenWeatherMap. It seems it doesnt correctly map the values?

There may be something else going on with your setup. I’m using OpenWeatherMap on HA 2011.11.1 and am not seeing that issue with PlatinumWeatherCard.

Just wanted to say that I am enjoying this card. But I might have a couple of questions going forward. Here is my setup so far. Combined two PW cards with Mini Graphs and Mushroom chips.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Platinum Weather Card support:

Hey everyone. I am trying to configure this card. The options to even add an entity are not showing up in the visual editor. Any thoughts?

1 Like

2022.11 update broke some stuff.

1 Like

rats man. I spent hours troubleshooting this thing :slight_smile:

Pollen

Any ideas on how to get a pollen count/alert level as a sensor? I would like to add it as a custom slot.

Someone would have to create an integration to pull data from their api (if one is available). Not sure if this is the case. After that you could add those sensors to custom slots. Currently it is not possible to add custom fields to the forecast section, but my gut feel is that most people would only be concerned about today/tomorrow for this sort of info (I may be wrong).

2 Likes

There is already a way to get the pollen for melbourne.
Melbourne Pollen Forecast Scrape Sensor and Lovelace “Card” - Share your Projects! - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

However, I don’t use it in the card

1 Like

Ok, I must be having a completely dumb day!

I have installed using HACS and it shows there:

But…can’t figure out how to find the card or add to a dashboard or configure?

Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

There’s a pretty good overview and getting started on the main GitHub page for the card.

Read through this multiple times, but just can’t see what I’m missing. Once the HACS install is done, should the card be available when editing a dashboard? Just can’t find it!

Try to refresh the web browser

Can’t believe it was that simple, had reloaded the page and restarted HA multiple time. Thanks :see_no_evil:

When editing a dashboard and adding a card you should see “Custom: Platinum Weather Card” toward the bottom of the list.

I had to clear the Firefox cache in Firefox->settings->Privacy & Security->Cookies and Site Data->Manage Data before this would show up. (I also refreshed the browser and reloaded Home Assistant prior to that, but I think clear cache should be the only required step).