Pod Point EV Charger Integration

I have noticed the same issue with duplicated device, I have disabled the device without an assigned area. However I notice my Total Energy sensor is working but my Current Energy sensor isn’t. Has anyone else noticed similar before I raise an issue on GitHub.

I add 33 kWh today which shows in the Total Energy when the session ended but I have a flat line on my Current Energy sensor today.

My Current Energy is often below the actual consumption, but it’s the same in the Pod Point app so I don’t think there’s much Matt can do about that in the integration.

1 Like

Fair shout, I’ve never noticed the pod point or Current Energy fail to display actual usage until recently.

Is anyone else seeing some flakiness with PSL Charging Allowed entity intermittently working again?

Are you definitely running the latest version through HACS?

Additionally, can you share a screen shot of what you are seeing?

Hi, could any help me create a button that calls the Charge Now service, but accepts an input for the hours to charge for via the UI? I’d like a Charge Now button on my wall panel, I can see the service needs time inputs, but I need something that my better half can just initiate from the wall panel and input the hours. I don’t want to charge till full as we’re on Octopus Agile and will want say 4 or 5 hours during the day. Thanks.

Hi.

After updating to v2.0.4 (unsure of previous version) the Pod Point device was not loaded. The following error messages was displayed: [Config flow could not be loaded: {“message”:”Invalid handler specified”}]

I have deleted my device, deleted the HACS integration, restarted HA, reloaded 2.04 via HACS and when I try and add a new Pod Point device I get the same error message.

After having removed 2.04 from HACS, restarting I tried to download a previous version (2.0.3) but despite doing that it reloaded 2.0.4.

Any suggestions as to where I can get a previous version from Git Hub so I can retry with 2.0.3?

I’m on a fairly old version of HA - Home Assistant 2023.8.1
Frontend 20230802.0 - latest

I’m reluctant to upgrade in case I break my Mazda Integration.

I’ve worked out how to get hold of 2.0.3

Its probably the case that the new update requires a new version of Home Assistant that I wasnt aware of.

I’ll take a look at the changes and update the integration to require a certain version

Cheers.

2.0.3 worked and restored my pod-point nicely.

You can create a script that takes an hours field and passes it to the action.

Then opening the info dialogue for the script will let you select the hours before hitting run.

alias: Charge Now

fields:
  hours:
    name: Hours
    required: true
    default: 1
    selector:
      number:
        min: 1
        max: 23

sequence:
  - action: pod_point.charge_now
    data:
      config_entry_id: 123changeme
      hours: "{{hours}}"

Alternatively to fields, you can use a number helper which the script could read and pass to the action

"{{states('input_number.charge_now_hours')|int}}"

1 Like