PoE Outdoor Camera Suggestions

Can you have a sensor in HASS triggered by camera motion event?

+1. I have four of these and love them. I’ve posted about a python script I use to monitor for IVS smart detection events that I’ve connected to HomeAssistant via MQTT. Great setup.

Yes, I have them turning outside lights when cameras detect motion.

Super cool, can you share the code.

What’s the price of the camera, I Queried, but no answer

Would your code work with Hikvision camera? I have 2 but don’t know how to have the motion trigger as sensor

I don’t know, but I just posted a separate topic: Dahua IP cam IVS event as binary_sensor equals smarter camera motion detection

Here’s mine, also have a script in it to check if the switch is manually on.

- alias: Turn on south/sw  lights when there is movement
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id:
      - binary_sensor.blue_iris_frontclone
      - binary_sensor.blue_iris_eastclone
      - binary_sensor.blue_iris_garageclone
      - binary_sensor.blue_iris_fdclone
    to: 'on'
  condition: 
   - condition: state
     entity_id: sun.sun
     state: 'below_horizon'
  action:
#  - service: switch.turn_on
#    entity_id:
#      - switch.front_door_switch
#      - switch.south_west_switch
  - service: script.turn_on
    entity_id:
      - script.front_light_auto_on
      - script.southwest_light_auto_on 

- alias: Turn off south/sw lights 8 seconds after last movement
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id:
      - binary_sensor.blue_iris_frontclone
      - binary_sensor.blue_iris_eastclone
      - binary_sensor.blue_iris_garageclone
      - binary_sensor.blue_iris_fdclone
    to: 'off'
    for:
      seconds: 8
  action:
#    - service: switch.turn_off
#      entity_id:
#        - switch.front_door_switch
#        - switch.south_west_switch
    - service: script.turn_on
      entity_id:
        - script.front_light_auto_off
        - script.southwest_light_auto_off

I am new to this. How you get the blue iris sensor?

I run Blue Iris to monitor my cameras, you’ll have to set up the cameras as binary sensors. I’m traveling at the moment, I’m sure you can search for the how to

1 Like

How much did you pay for the camera?

I think they were roughly US$34 plus postage (I’m in Australia but the postage wasn’t too bad)

1 Like

That’s great price. Hope they will answer to the email

My contact there is Vivian ([email protected]). Try here directly if you don’t get anything from the general email

what you recommend to get, links?
Are you aware of long flat ethernet cable (in one installation I may prefer go “under” a window)?
Which lens you recommend?
Did ytou try the external speaker/mic?

Sent email to Viviana, let’s see if she answers

Get all the gear from CCDcam. They sell the whole lot.
I have seen flat ethernet cable on Banggood.
The dome camera that I provided the link for above has a varifocal lens, 2.8~12mm which covers anything you need

240usd for 3 camera shipped.

What NVR are you using?

I’m buying a security system and several surveillance products right now and I contacted CCDCAM for their price list on the cameras. I think I’m going to get 3 of the 5MP cameras you linked earlier. What NVR would I need from them in order to connect them and view the livestreams via home assistant?

Or you said you weren’t using HA right now with your CCDCAM’s? I need live monitoring as well as motion sensor recording or ~7 days of backed up footage.

Also, I’m not sure if you know how to do this but I want to install a mic/speaker to the CCDCAM that is on my front porch for doorbell communication. Are you familiar with how to do that? Is the audio data transferred normally through the POE cable with the video feed?

the cameras have rca jack for external mic and external speaker. I would assume all goes back with the POE cable (no other way)

Thank you for the response. Did you already receive your cameras from them? How long did the shipping take?

Also, did you order a DVR? I’m trying to decide if I should go with one of their compatible hardware DVR’s or try to run a software DVR solution on an old PC.

not yet.

Same doubt as you