Pool Automation - iAqualink

My pool has an automation controller which happens to have a IP based remote control and some IOS and Android apps… I’ve started the process of building a platform and a few components that control the pool features, modes, heater and report back temperatures and etc… was wondering if anyone else had a Jandy system and was also interested in this functionality?

2 Likes

If you build it they will come.

I have one and I am interested for sure.

OK… I just need to clean up the code… Now that the controller is off the for the winter I can also do some validation of connectivity checking.

The only challenge I’ve run into is presenting a “Control the light color” so that might need to be a static value until HA introduces a Input Select in light object.

Very interested. I just got a iq20 today and the app is just so bad

I too would be very interested in this… please keep us a abreast of progress!

So I’ve got the concept built and working, the only challenge is Colored pool lights which have a pre-defined color set. There is no way in the HA GUI to preset a color choice in this form, only the color wheel. If you guys can live with a On/Off light button and define the color in the config then I can package this up as a component and see if they accept it into the main branch.

Essentially you are saying we would need to create an input select with defined colours (red, blue etc) and lose the ability to use a colour wheel instead? I am certainly fine with that.

Does it work with any particular iAqualink controller? Sorry, still investigating this product.

I’m interested in this and have a pool with iAqualink 2.0 running now. I’m a total newbie to HomeAssistant but would love to test it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to test as well!

Interested here

Hey mcnutter,

I am also interested in test/working on the iAqualink component. Do you have a github fork or anything that you can share? Thanks.

Currently having a pool installed with this system. Would love to have the control in HA. Are you still developing this?

Any update on this?

Forgot about this thread. Posted about the custom component I wrote here: Jandy iAqualink Pool Integration

Hi, after updating HA to version 0.110.1 i am getting the following messages:

Log Details (WARNING)

Logger: homeassistant.components.binary_sensor
Source: components/binary_sensor/init.py:139
Integration: Binary Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:45:56 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:45:56

BinarySensorDevice is deprecated, modify HassAqualinkBinarySensor to extend BinarySensorEntity

Log Details (WARNING)

Logger: homeassistant.components.switch
Source: components/switch/init.py:73
Integration: Switch (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 22 May 2020, 13:07:10 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 22 May 2020, 13:07:10

SwitchDevice is deprecated, modify HassAqualinkSwitch to extend SwitchEntity

Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: custom_components/iaqualink/sensor.py:46
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:45:56 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:45:56

Error while setting up iaqualink platform for sensor

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 186, in _async_setup_platform await asyncio.gather(*pending) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 295, in async_add_entities await asyncio.gather(*tasks) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 446, in _async_add_entity entity.async_write_ha_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 297, in async_write_ha_state self._async_write_ha_state() # type: ignore File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 320, in _async_write_ha_state state = self.state File “/config/custom_components/iaqualink/sensor.py”, line 46, in state return int(self.dev.state) if self.dev.state != “” else None ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ‘7.3’

Can anyone help getting rid of these messages?

The error is the same as the one you’ve reported at https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/30078. A fix landed yesterday and should be in the next minor release (0.111.0).

The two warnings before I haven’t noticed in my HA instance but I’ll clean them at some point during the weekend. I don’t know that you need to report these deprecation messages as new bugs but keep using github’s issue tracker. It makes it a lot easier to keep tabs on problems that have been reported.

I see the following in my log. Is this something I did?

aqualink: the ‘.translations’ directory has been moved, the new name is ‘translations’, starting with Home Assistant 0.111 your translations will no longer load if you do not move/rename this

You may still have the initial version of the integration, before it was merged into Home Assistant. Check your custom_components folder and remove the aqualink/iaqualink directory.

If you haven’t done so, make sure to change your configuration.yaml to rename the integration from aqualink to iaqualink.

1 Like

Hi, I installed iAqualink using HACS and get the following error message, in the last 12 hours 1968 times and counting:

Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.util.logging
Source: util/logging.py:175
First occurred: 7 June 2020, 17:53:22 (1698 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:30:02

Exception in async_write_ha_state when dispatching ‘iaqualink’: () Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 297, in async_write_ha_state self._async_write_ha_state() # type: ignore File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 320, in _async_write_ha_state state = self.state File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/init.py”, line 165, in state return self.hvac_mode File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/iaqualink/climate.py”, line 69, in hvac_mode state = AqualinkState(self.heater.state) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/iaqualink/climate.py”, line 132, in heater return self.dev.system.devices[heater] KeyError: ‘swc_heater’

and this one:

Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.components.climate
Source: components/iaqualink/climate.py:132
Integration: Climate (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7 June 2020, 17:52:50 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7 June 2020, 17:52:50

Error while setting up iaqualink platform for climate

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 186, in _async_setup_platform await asyncio.gather(*pending) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 295, in async_add_entities await asyncio.gather(*tasks) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 446, in _async_add_entity entity.async_write_ha_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 297, in async_write_ha_state self._async_write_ha_state() # type: ignore File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 320, in _async_write_ha_state state = self.state File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/init.py”, line 165, in state return self.hvac_mode File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/iaqualink/climate.py”, line 69, in hvac_mode state = AqualinkState(self.heater.state) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/iaqualink/climate.py”, line 132, in heater return self.dev.system.devices[heater] KeyError: ‘swc_heater’

Is there anything that can be done about this?