Portainer v2.6.2 - unable to start containers

my RPI run the same thing… no problem so far. HA Core though not the Supervised like my proxmox

Glad you are not running into these issues… I hope somebody can pinpoint what is happening with our setups.

I uninstalled all portainer addons and installed portainer directly on Debian 11.
First I made sure that portainer was fully removed:

docker container ls -a

if you see a portainer container:

docker stop "container id"
docker container rm "container id"

check if there is a portainer image lying around:

docker image ls

if you see a portainer image:

docker image rm "image id"

Now install portainer:

docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -p 9000:9000 --name=portainer --restart=always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer-ce

Docker is now running and I can stop/start containers.

Note: you may need to also need to reset your password:

https://documentation.portainer.io/v2.0/users/reset-admin/

3 Likes

Same problem. Big problem to be honest…

Same problem here… Tried to update portioner by installing Watchtower but that doesn’t install either…
Does someone know how to update this portainer docker image in the add-on manually?

Hi all; I also have the issue.
I cannot start container with portainer addon.
It seems that the container recreation / duplication is still working but portainer is not able to start them.

Error message:
" Failure starting container with non-empty request body was deprecated since API v1.22 and removed in v1.24"

My workaround is to start the container manually by ssh on the debian host system with → docker run XYZ. Once startet manually they are also restartet automatically.

I hope this issue can be fixed.

Portainer is running as addon on home assistant. System is a supervised installation on debian 10 host system on NUC.

don’t use the home assistant portainer…just install it in Debian…I gave the steps a few posts back.

1 Like

I also did this… got rid of the addon and installed manually. Working great again.
Only shame is that it is no longer a menu item in home assistant now…

I’ve installed the version of alexbelgium repository and everything works again.

You can create an Iframe tab in Lovelace for it

Just add this to your YAML in the raw configuration editor

- title: Portainer
    panel: true
    cards:
      - type: iframe
        url: http://192.168.0.131:9000
        aspect_ratio: 100%

Only issue is if you want external access for it you need to configure a VPN or reverse proxy.

4 Likes

Same problem
I restored the previus add-on version 1.5.1 from an old backup and now works again

1 Like

Just done the same. got rid of the addon and installed portainer through docker run as I was having the same issue

How did you get the full screen?

It is in its own title " view tab", not within the main home page. Those titles are at the top in blue. Here’s some more info on configuring them.

If on a mobile device and doesn’t look right, you can try and play around with the aspect ratio as well.

The view cards at the top you mean? If so then we’re using the same views but mine is reduced in size.
set at 100% also

My other instance is full with them

Mine is full screen on several different devices. I’m thinking some other dashboard/lovelace setting is creating a conflict. Maybe starting a new thread for this could get some other ideas for a fix?

Apparently running additional containers is not supported by HA? I guess that’s unfortunate news to me. Is there a way to rollback versions (edit: n/m, I had a snapshot before updating and was able to rollback)?

I will definitely take a look, however, please note, this add-on is mainly useful/meant for debugging purposes. Running additional containers on a Home Assistant OS or Supervised system is not supported by Home Assistant.

It appears the only way to downgrade an addon is to restore an old snapshot/backup taken prior to upgrading it.

As this annoyed me way more than I thought, I cloned the version before the current one and integrated it to my Home Assistant Add-on Repository: https://github.com/MaxWinterstein/homeassistant-addons

Maybe this helps someone else too :v:

Good timing. I just ran into this problem and I just stumbled on your repo.

I uninstalled the original addon and then installed the addon from your repo. Got it started and running but, now none of the containers show in the endpoint. Looking at the main dashboard it shows the end point having 20 containers but going to the end point dashboard it shows zero containers and 20 images.

Any ideas how to fix?