Power consumed per day

Hm, got me stumped… maybe a version issue… I noticed your “Import dashboard” pages look different from mine.

I created this using Grafana v5.4.3, commit 6539180. I would love to help, but don’t know what is causing this. Keep in mind though, I am not at all an expert, so I may have overlooked something when sharing this, but I tested it with a friend and that worked ok.
Hopefully someone else reading this, can pitch in?

a that is indeed another version, this is what is on my synology:

ive stopped and restarted to see if it would somehow update but got no warning so think it would run the latest (as is in the docker title) maybe @philhawthorne would know what to do? Did you update your package to the latest version? Or how could I do so, other than installing the separate Grafana package?

please have a look? would be much appreciated!

Looking at the github repo for that docker container you are using, it looks like it has not updated since 4.1.1, so that will not help you get to the latest version. But, there are some links there that may help you try out a different version: https://github.com/philhawthorne/docker-influxdb-grafana

I am checking to see if the version difference indeed explains your results though…

There is an :edge tag you can use on Dockerhub to run a newer version of Grafana and Influx.

See https://github.com/philhawthorne/docker-influxdb-grafana/tree/dev

That has Grafana 5.3.0 and Influx 1.6.3

HI Phil, thanks!
I am not sure why to do though… where can I set the tag :edge ?
cant find instruction on the page you linked to.

You are now probably running the current version of grafana with this command (as described on Phil’s page):

docker run -d \
  --name docker-influxdb-grafana \
  -p 3003:3003 \
  -p 3004:8083 \
  -p 8086:8086 \
  -p 22022:22 \
  -v /path/for/influxdb:/var/lib/influxdb \
  -v /path/for/grafana:/var/lib/grafana \
  philhawthorne/docker-influxdb-grafana:latest

Replace :latest with :edge and you are pointing to the instance Phil refers to.

HTH

well yes, I am reading that (again,) but I have completely forgotten how to run that command… Ive dl’ed the .edge version and have it in my docker now:

I can launch it, but get 2 screens with all advanced settings…

while I remember using the terminal to enter:

docker run -d \
  --name docker-influxdb-grafana \
  -p 3003:3003 \
  -p 3004:8083 \
  -p 8086:8086 \
  -p 22022:22 \
  -v /path/for/influxdb:/var/lib/influxdb \
  -v /path/for/grafana:/var/lib/grafana \
  philhawthorne/docker-influxdb-grafana:edge

but where…? sorry if this sounds too silly, but please give me another nudge?

sorry, I have no clue how to run docker on a synology NAS. Maybe PM Phil to see if he can help or open een thread… it is not really related to this topic.

I am running all this stuff from a NUC. But I guess there is terminal access possible, google “synology terminal access” and there are several links that look helpful (to me) and some youtube stuff.

np. Ill figure it out, have done so before, so this must be replicable… :wink:

1 Like

@aetjansen Nice, working this out right now. What version DSMR do you got? Shouldn’t really add new sensors right? I’m on 5, just got a new one installed.

Wasnt sure, but checked the config, I am on version 4. I recently noticed I got 6 extra sensors 2 per phase: 1 for sags and 1 for swells. Not sure what to do with those as I have 1 phase in my house, and sags and swells never seem to change from the initial 0 value

Yeah indeed, most of them are just abracadabra for me, this is what i got:

- sensor.power_consumption
  - sensor.power_consumption_low
  - sensor.power_consumption_normal
  - sensor.power_production
  - sensor.power_production_low
  - sensor.power_production_normal
  - sensor.power_tariff
  - sensor.gas_consumption
  - sensor.hourly_gas_consumption

- sensor.power_consumption_phase_l1
  - sensor.power_consumption_phase_l2
  - sensor.power_consumption_phase_l3
  - sensor.power_production_phase_l1
  - sensor.power_production_phase_l2
  - sensor.power_production_phase_l3
  - sensor.long_power_failure_count
  - sensor.voltage_sags_phase_l1
  - sensor.voltage_sags_phase_l2
  - sensor.voltage_sags_phase_l3
  - sensor.voltage_swells_phase_l1
  - sensor.voltage_swells_phase_l2
  - sensor.voltage_swells_phase_l3

Guess i’ll only be using the upper part of the entity’s, right?

Btw, i setup everything with HASS.IO now Grafana is linked to the influxDB but the influxDB component couldn’t be setup, without the logs elaborating on it. Any clue where to check?

edit: How to check if database is ready to accept connections? · Issue #4595 · influxdata/influxdb · GitHub

my output:

wzm@wzm-PC:~$ curl -sL -I 192.168.x.x:8086/ping?wait_for_leader=30s

HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Content-Type: application/json
Request-Id: 4ce73e35-20f3-11e9-81ff-0242ac1e2104
X-Influxdb-Build: OSS
X-Influxdb-Version: 1.7.2
X-Request-Id: 4ce73e35-20f3-11e9-81ff-0242ac1e2104
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 22:48:15 GMT

Edit:
Ok so i managed to get rid of the failed component setup, though no current states are shown, no data at all, the entity id’s check out, unless they need sensor.xxxxx instead of just the entity?!

I’ll PM you to see if I can help you debug this

1 Like

Hey guys (and gals?), did you see the new utility_meter component that @dgomes created, released with v0.87 yesterday? It is the easiest way to get immediate feedback on how much energy you used today (or last hour, week, month, year).

I set it up immediately, and found that for my situation it was not necessary to have the example automation setup to switch tariffs, as with the DSMR component I have separate sensors for peak and off-peak meter readings.

So, I did a quick write-up how I set it up. I think it is pretty much copy-paste if you are using two tariffs for electricity and use the DSMR component. Maybe it helps others as well. It is a great way to increase awareness on your current usage.

1 Like

HI,

nice read.
please let me ask, since this is connected to the DSMR sensors for consumption, I take it that is the netto consumption? Meaning total consumption minus solar production?
Or can one also set the solar production in this component.

HI @Mariusthvdb,

There are separate sensors in the DSMR component for power production and power consumption. So the consumption sensor is what you consume. The production is what a PV installation is generating, netto is subtracting one from the other.

More detail in the DSMR docs

That was fast! Thanks. I don’t have the DSMR component so was wondering if you new how I could get all of my devices that measure power into one sensor I could add to the utility meter? I thought I could add them directly to the utility meter to combine but that is not the case.

I guess that sounds like a job for a template sensor. Maybe these threads can help you create a template sensor that is the cumulative value of several other sensors? Keep in mind that you need to add values of the same unit (i.e. all sensors report in watts) to the new template sensor.

Please share your solution if you have one! HTH

I’ve tried a min_max sensor.

sensor:
  - platform: min_max
    name: Total Power
    entity_ids:
      - sensor.xiaomi_office_power
      - sensor.xiaomi_tv_power
      - sensor.cupboard_light_power
      - sensor.davids_light_power
      - sensor.lounge_light_power
      - sensor.washing_machine_power
      - sensor.zwave_garage_light_south_power
      - sensor.family_room_shelly_power
      - sensor.stairs_shelly_power

Started out OK but but when I turned on my Shelly devices, it came up with ERR then transitioned to Unknown.

But your configuration isn’t getting just the maximum value (not the sum) of the sensors listed?