Power Distribution card

Hi, am looking for some help to get my battery/mains usage in W instead of KW
Attached is what i see and the code i am using below.

Ive seen the the watt_ threshold comments and have added that, but it doesnt make a difference

Second image is what i see when using the sensors manually

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Jody

type: custom:power-flow-card
watt_threshold: 999
w_decimals: 2
kw_decimals: 2
min_flow_rate: 1.5
max_flow_rate: 6
entities:
  battery: sensor.energy_total_usage
  battery_charge: sensor.battery_state_of_charge
  grid: sensor.grid_power
  solar: sensor.pv_power 

Text

Questions very importants for me:

Note: Arduino microcontroller in the project.

1. How you insert a sensor for gas?

2. How you insert a sensor for water?

I wait for your answers. Thanks! :+1:

Are you sure, your sensors are set right? You are using 622170 W right now? Do you own the whole city?

Your battery delivers 621000 W? Thats a big chunk of a battery…

You have to look in to this first :wink:

yes, if you see the other image, it shows correctly in W, the issue i am having is it doesnt convert on the PD flow to W, it keeps the W value (eg 600W as 600kW)

This one is suspicious. It shows Kw. That looks like a sensor not made by an integration. Because of the typo in it.
It’s not Kw, but kW, and every integration I know does this correctly.

So, again, inspect your sensors deeply :wink:

looks, like you do not use the same sensors in these two pictures.

upper picture your energy usage is 0, but lower picture says 599 W.

The battery usage sensor is just not configured right. You can find it in the list of devices an adjust it to show correct values.

thank you, ive fixed it based on the comments above

1 Like

where does the “home” value come from?

PV in is 6.4kW
Home use is 350W (battery out)
but Home visual shows as 919W

Solar production 6410
minus
Battery IN 5840
plus
Battery OUT 350
is total
Home consumption 919

So your home uses 569 W straight from solar and 350 W from battery

2 Likes

Hello,
thanks for your awsome card. This made my wife actually use HA to monitor PV :slight_smile:
Just one question. Where can I edit the naming of the entities?
Since I dont have a battery and use the battery as “replacement” for my heat pump I would like to rename the Battery. I was trying to find the position in the .js but did not manage to (with simply Search-Function).

did you found a solution for this? who is possible to see the “today” view?

If I understand correctly there isn’t a way to add appliances like my EV and my heat pump, correct? This card is visually a little more pleasing than the tesla card that’s doing a similar thing, but that one lets me add my car and my heat pump and power will “flow” to those as well.

The tesla card also has some rendering issues, often times the flow lines will be messed up.

Great work, exactly what I was looking for. A simple (near) real time view on Power (not energy ….).
In my case, it shows in one view what I had in two meters on the right, now in a nice single card.

Thanks !

could anyone potentially assist me, maybe something i’m missing?
on this card, i have 4 entities.
solar, grid, house, battery.
during the night, when house is running from battery, while battery is charging from grid - it works great!

but if i try it during the day, for example while solar and grid are charging the battery…which is still running the house - it does not work as expected.
it adds the values together, and makes the house consume all of the watts combined.
i would like it so that
the solar goes into battery (no matter what)
the grid goes into the battery (no matter what)
the battery runs the house regardless, but the house consumption is ONLY from the battery. not from all of the sources combined.
this is my code:

type: custom:power-flow-card
entities:
  battery:
    consumption: sensor.ac200m_ac_output_power
    production: sensor.ac200m_ac_input_power
  battery_charge: sensor.ac200m_total_battery_percent
  grid: sensor.ac200m_ac_input_power
  solar: sensor.ac200m_dc_input_power
watt_threshold: 1700

Hello,
can anybody help me with the formula that is use to display the battery In and OUT values.
In config I have just battery: sensor.battery_charge_discharge_power and the card extract the battery self consumption and display the correct In / OUT value.
ex. sensor.battery_charge_discharge_power= 68W and the battery IN/ OUT displays 0W.
Thanks.