Power Flow Card Plus 🚀

Yes. That’s how I have set it.

You can however choose to have the individual entities subtracted from the Home number.

It’s an option in the set up:

1 Like

I suggest reading through the user guide:

1 Like

thanks
I did see and used the option too (Subtract)

I know now (thanks for the help! appreciate) what I have to do: I need to define a template sensor that is the SUM of the grid for the “regular” consumption and the Heat_Pump consumption

The Heat-Pump is coming from the Grid but has a different meter and when I have surplus energy from Solar, because it is a different meter, it is send to the grid although the heat-pump could use it.

Cheers
Luis

First of all, thank you so much for your really great job with this card.
Is it possible to connect multiple solar inverter to this card?
Maybe the question is stupid since I’m a newbye…
Thanks

Not directly.

If you want to display the combined output of multiple inverters you will need to create a template sensor to do that first, then use that sensor as the solar input for the card.

At least that’s what I have done. I have two inverters and have combined their output with a template sensor:

- platform: template
    sensors:
      pv_power_total_combined:
        unit_of_measurement: "W"
        value_template: >
          {% set GridPV = states('sensor.power_photovoltaics_fronius_power_flow_0_http_192_168_0_201') | float %}
          {% set OffGridPV = states('sensor.pv_power') | float %}
          {{ (GridPV + OffGridPV) | float }}

Then I use the new sensor pv_power_total_combined as the input for the card.

I changed my card settings to subtract the individual items (EV and water heater) from the home’s consumption. This is what it looked like earlier this morning:

1 Like

does anyone know why i get the following error when trying to use the visual editor?

Visual editor is not supported for this configuration:
s.entries is not a function
You can still edit your config in YAML

type: custom:power-flow-card-plus
entities:
  grid:
    entity: sensor.myenergi_fairburn_power_grid
  solar:
    entity: sensor.givtcp_chxxxxxx_pv_power_string_1
  home:
    entity: sensor.myenergi_fairburn_home_consumption

Actually, I like your powerful Power Flow Card Plus pretty much! Thanks a lot for providing and further improving it.

I use the secorndary value for temperature - for Solar outside temperature, for Home inside temperature. However now with minus °C it shows 0, it seems, it doesn’t show negative values. It would be quite nice to support also negative values if no other reason exists against this.
Thanks a lot!
Alfred

Installed it today seems to work nice!

Hope that in the future there will be more then 2 individual sources for monitoring

1 Like

+1

This I would like very much. I have EV and water heater showing but would like to add other major power demands to the display.

1 Like

Me too!!
I have two aircos and a heatpump would be nice to see them

Is there any option to collapse the solar circle when energy generated is 0? Similar as we can do with the consumption of the Individuals. For me make sense to not show this circle with 0 value when it’s night.

Happy new year everyone!
Can someone give me a quick hint for adjusting the size of the circles and the font? Tried literally everything and couldnt get it to work.

THX
Unlight

Did you ever found a solution for this? I would be interested also

Hi,
it would be cool also, if i can show a second PV System which ist not using for home but only feeding the grid. As the individual circle, but only connected to the grid. It is for an old PV Systems which only sells to the Energy Provider without self Consumption…

thx

I use a template sensor which adds my two PV system outputs.

I will not add them together, because one of them is for Using for myself and the other is only to sell the power to my Energy Provider…
The position of the sensor has to be the same like the Low Carbon Meter

I have 2x EV so I use a template in the secondary info section to display their individual state of charge but a combined value for their power consumption.

{{states('sensor.duka_battery_level') + '% ' + states('sensor.betty_battery_level') +'%'}}

You could do something similar with 2x PV systems.

Hi everyone, and nice job to the Author on creating this Card, your awesome. I have a problem with the Solar Primary Value. Its always showing 0 Value. The Secondary Info its showing up correctly. I tried to change the entity with no success. I tried and change entity between Primary and Secondary it still showing 0 value.
When I open the entity it displays the correct Value and graphic therefore its not the entity’s problem.
I have the same problem with my buttery information that is also showing 0 Value.
Thanks for all the help in advance!

Screenshot 2024-01-11 133902

Thanks for the amazing card!

I have 1 problem wich I could not find a solution for.

how can I change the exported power from W to kWh?

I’ve now spend a couple of hours but nothing helps.

Is there somebody who wants to help me?

kind regards

Note:

The sensor I use is kWh