Powercalc - Virtual power sensors

Maybe another discussion subject on GitHub where users can share their settings?

Yes that would be a good idea for the time being. Do you have a suggestion for the category name? ā€œShare your configā€?

Sounds good to me!

I have added the category

i m trying to use create_group, but getting error in HA.
I thought i can use create_group, instead of using sensor template to add and group the individual sensors?

sensor:
  - platform: powercalc
    create_group: All hallway lights
    entities:
      -  entity_id: light.hall
      -  entity_id: light.kitchen
         fixed:
           power: 12

the above give me following error in HA

Invalid config for [sensor.powercalc]: [create_group] is an invalid option for [sensor.powercalc]. Check: sensor.powercalc->create_group. (See ?, line ?).

Just looking at GitHub and I think this might not be available until v0.8. You could switch to the ā€œmasterā€ version if you want the functionality now.

2 Likes

v0.8.0 has been released which also contains the new feature to create multiple entities at once and automatically add a group sensor.

1 Like

Love the panel! Can you post the card setup? Thanks

After upgrading to 0.8.8 I started to have error:

ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.powercalc.sensor] Skipping sensor setup light.witryna_1_4c: Model not found in library (manufacturer: gledopto-qba, model: LCT003)

config:

files:

Bug or something wrong on my side?

Hi, very strange this was working before.
Short answer, you need to ommit custom_model_directory from your configuration. This is the default location the component is looking for custom models.
See https://github.com/bramstroker/homeassistant-powercalc#light-model-library
custom_model_directory expects a full path to a model directory, for example powercalc_custom_models/gledopto-qba/LCT003.

Indeed strange as it was working before. And it was working in this logic - just directory name, relative from config.

Ate You sure?

Yes strange. But you have it working now when you removed custom_model_directory from the configuration?

I am 100% sure this needs to be the full directory where a model.json need to be found. Also checked the code.

Yes, I deleted and it is working.
Thank You.

Hey. What is required for Hue bulbs to be automatically detected? Mine arenā€™t, and the error log asks for a mode setting.

I assume thereā€™s something squiff with Hue setup (itā€™s the official Integration) or something else in my HA. Do devices need to have specific names to be detected? Or is there something the Hue end that needs to be enabled?

Thanks!

Edit: itā€™s something squiff in the Hue config. Iā€™ve no idea what, but removing the Integration, restarting, adding it back, restarting, recreating all the Powercalc config and restarting again and it works!

Edit 2: Nope, broken again. I restarted HA for something else and now itā€™s failing to detect them again. However, as I have had them created they show as unavailable entities, which gives an error about relying on an unavailable or orphaned integration. Could it be something to do with the start up order? Perhaps Powercalc is trying to poll Hue before the Hue integration is started (Iā€™ve no idea how this works, just thinking aloud)?

Not sure why this is failing in your installation. Could you enable debug logs to see if that give you some more clues?
My component is dependent on the Hue component, which means the home assistant loader will wait for Hue platform to setup, and than setup the powercalc platform. So powercalc should have access to the hue lights and bridge data.
When the auto discovery does not work reliable for you, it is also an option to manually specify the manufacturer and model in the configuration. Try if that helps.

Hi Everyone,

Amazing initiative ! Very good job.

I have a question (sorry for my lack of knowledge on Wats, Ampers and KwH).

My A/C Compressor label shows:

• RLA that is the Cooling Amps when on: 27.5A
  • FLA that is the Fan Amps when on: 1.2A
  • Fan/Compressor Voltage: 230v
  • Total KwH when my A/C is cooling is (27.5A + 1.2A) * 230v = 6325 W/h
  • Total KwH when my A/C is on fan is (1.2A) * 230v = 0.276 W/h

So, what should I put in the fixed/states_power of my powercalc ?

Is it 6325 and 0.276??

- platform: powercalc
entity_id: sensor.acstate
fixed:
states_power:
iddle: 0
fan: 0.276
cooling: 6325

THANK YOU

The power sensors expects a value in watt, which is the current actual power consumption. You can calculate that by multiplying current (A) with voltage (V). Which would result in 1.2*230 = 276 watts for the fan. And 6325 for the fan.
So the label is actually wrong, because it is 0.276 kWh not W/h when you leave the compressor on for one hour.

Btw maybe you have a typo. iddle should be idle probably

1 Like

I canā€™t seem to find the intergration in HACS, is it just me who blind? :slight_smile:

First add this repository to hacs as custom repository

1 Like

I canā€™t make it work:

I used to have it installed, but it was uninstalled somehow. Are you sure that everything is okay with the repository?