Print_config_parameter not working

For testing purposes I want to use the zwave print_config_paramater

I specify the following json:

{
“node_id”: 23,
“parameter”: 10}

But I see no results in the ozwlog

It goes to the console log for HA. If you started it from systemd, then use journalctl -f -u home-assistant to follow the end of the log.

no journal files were found. I Have hassbian config

How are you starting Home Assistant then - are you starting by hand, using some other init system…?

systemctl start home-assistant@homeassistant

journalctl -f -u home-assistant@homeassistant

Same error no journal files found

Ok, what about the output of systemctl status | grep home

[email protected] loaded active running Home Assistant for homeassistant
system-home\x2dassistant.slice loaded active active system-home\x2dassistant.slice

Maybe because hassbian is running hass in a virtual env?

Running in the virtual environment shouldn’t change things, it does mean though that:

systemctl status home-assistant@homeassistant

Should give you something

systemctl status
give this:

pi@hassbian:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant $ systemctl status home-assistant@homeassistant
â [email protected] - Home Assistant for homeassistant
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/[email protected]; enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2017-05-01 17:17:50 CEST; 1h 41min ago
 Main PID: 21314 (hass)
   CGroup: /system.slice/system-home\x2dassistant.slice/[email protected]
           ââ21314 /srv/homeassistant/bin/python3 /srv/homeassistant/bin/hass

In that case:

journalctl -f -u home-assistant@homeassistant

Should work. If it isn’t then it may be that you need to restart HA so that systemd picks up the logs again.

1 Like

Very very stupid of me. I had to run the command with sudo.
Now its working.

Is there a option print all config parameters off a node?

There are 2 places to get that information. One is from the manual for the device, the other is to read the zwcfg_*.xml file in your HA configuration directory. If the manual is for the firmware version of your device (Aeon Labs are usually good at that) then that’s the best solution IMO. However, the config file is there, so you don’t have to spend 5 minutes, or more, trying to track the manual down.

Any idea how to capture that response for a sensor? Am trying to setup a switch/sensor for changing/reading node state, for my lock …

The entity state should be visible in the dev-states dashboard (<> in the web interface). You shouldn’t need to go poking at the console log.

For binary sensors, look in the binary_sensor section, for other sensors look in the sensor section.

Sorry I mislabeled. I was referring to creating a sensor of print_config_parameter of my Zwave lock, since my states dashboard of zwave lock/node does not display that information?
I can successfully set_config_parameter to activate/change alarm modes, but am having trouble reading the current set parameter into Hass front end?

If it’s only available from print_config_parameter, which is quite broken, then there’s no automatic way to get it directly from HA. You’d possibly be able to write a command line sensor, or maybe combine your own script with a file sensor.

If your device (you’ve not said what it is) isn’t supported by OpenZWave, then you should read here and see about adding support for your device.