Zwave.print_config_parameter gets dumped… where?

I want to check the config on an Aeotec Multisensor 6, specifically parameter 111, the group reporting interval. I’m attempting to do this by using the dev tool to call a service: zwave.print_config_parameter, with some very simple json:

{
“node_id”: 14,
“parameter”: 111
}

The result doesn’t show up anywhere - in the home-assistant.log, nor the OZWCP log. According to this topic:

It shows up in the system journal. However I’m running HA in a docker container, and even after grabbing a terminal shell in the container there’s no system journal. Where’s the parameter getting sent to?

I can’t answer your question directly, but did you know you can see the parameter in the z-wave configuration panel? Select the node, then you can see its various parameters.

I do, but I wasn’t sure on the accuracy of those variables; for example, if you set a variable for a sleeping node it stays at the previous value until it wakes up. When you’re trying to set up parameters for wake up intervals, it can be difficult to determine if you have a pending change or it’s pulling some sort of old / default value, or it’s some unknown state.

I have a strong suspicion that print_config_parameter would have the same limitations with sleeping nodes, since sleeping nodes initiate communication, and not the other way around.

I did some tests where I set values, made sure they were accepted (the OZW log will spit out the callback verification if it goes through), then checked the value again. Turns out HA will reflect the new value without having to go through another sleep/wakeup cycle, but only after you navigate to somewhere else in the GUI. Once you return and pull up the value, it will reflect the new state. However if you try to submit a value the node won’t accept, it will fail silently with no warning.

For future reference, here is the transaction log of a successful value change from 20 to 10 on parameter 41:

2018-01-27 01:11:44.482 Info, Node014, Response RTT 32 Average Response RTT 286
2018-01-27 01:11:44.482 Detail, Node014, Refreshed Value: old value=20, new value=10, type=short
2018-01-27 01:11:44.482 Detail, Node014, Changes to this value are not verified
2018-01-27 01:11:44.483 Info, Node014, Received Configuration report: Parameter=41, Value=10
2018-01-27 01:11:44.483 Detail, Node014,   Expected reply and command class was received
2018-01-27 01:11:44.483 Detail, Node014,   Message transaction complete

Yes, this behavior isn’t just for sleeping nodes, actually. It can be confusing and should probably be reported as a bug.

Was there an answer re where the results of a print_config_parameter go to? I can’t see them in the ozw file…

The reason I ask is I have some UI issue and the parameters aren’t popping up when I try to use the zwave config section of the UI. Therefore really hoping that I could see the output some from the Service - print_config_parameter…

They do in fact show up in the OZW log file, but no where else. In addition you can’t currently use them for anything(like a template sensor, which sucks.)

Edit:
Just realized I brought this thread back from the dead…oops

Did you fix your problem? I have same.