Problem with Shelly new ht plus sensor

Hi there, I just purchased the new ht plus sensor from Shelly (https://shop.shelly.cloud/shelly-plus-h-t-wifi-smart-home-automation)

I have connected it with the Shelly app and upgraded the firmware to the latest version. I use the Shelly app for more Shelly products like light bulbs and their older humidity and temperature sensors. So just like the other products when I connect with them in the Shelly app, they immediately show up in the home assistant Shelly integration, nice work!

However, this product only shows 7 entities, and not the humidity or temperature in home assistant.
A couple of binary sensors and buttons. Like cloud status, reboot button etc. No temperature or humidity reading!

While in the Shelly app I can see the humidity and temperature:

For some reason it seems the new Shelly product doesnt correctly share it’s temperature or humidity sensor. Does anyone have a tip what I can do?

4 Likes

Same issue here. I thought I am too stupid, but it seems I am not alone.

1 Like

Hi, same here with my new Shelly Plus H&T. I think we have to wait until the shelly integration has integrated the new device. Let’s see if the 2022.8 brings it .

Looks like its added, Add missing sensors for Shelly Plus H&T (#76001) · home-assistant/core@0738f08 · GitHub

Not sure if it’ll be in 2022.8, which is in beta.

He nice! So now we just wait for the update!

Also waiting for the update, I cant manage to use it via MQTT, because topic is sending more complex data instead of simple temperature value:

{“id”: 0,“tC”:28.5, “tF”:83.2}

Anyone faced this? My client is expectcing only a value, not a json string.

Same problem, anyone found a solution?

Which problem?

Looks like it did not make it in the latest release. I have the same issue.

the shelly integration - you can view the temp or humidity

You can use a value template e.g.

- platform: mqtt
    name: "Office Temperature (Shelly H&T)"
    state_topic: "shellyplusht-001/status/temperature:0"
    unit_of_measurement: '°C'
    value_template: "{{ value_json.tC }}"
    expire_after : 10800 #3 hours
    device_class: temperature
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "Office Humidity (Shelly H&T)"
    state_topic: "shellyplusht-001/status/humidity:0"
    unit_of_measurement: '%'
    value_template: "{{ value_json.rh }}"
    expire_after : 10800 #3 hours
    device_class: humidity
1 Like

So you are using mqtt. You could just wait for 2022.9.

I have had some trouble when using the MQTT template. Didnt get the Shellys to send data over MQTT.
Settings in app were correct. I only got some sprodic online event.

I woke the shelly up, connected to the web UI. Found a setting that was called MQTT Debug under the meny Debug. When i checked this box my shelly began sending temperatures and humidity status over MQTT.

Maybe this will help others!

Kind regards Jens

1 Like

So just got the 2022.9 update, it now finds the temperature and humidity sensor yay!

However, after a couple of minutes the Shelly ht plus falls asleep. Now the data isn’t coming into home assistant. It stops sending data…

How can i prevent the Shelly ht plus from falling asleep with home assistant. Or how can I make sure I do receive humidity and temperature data even though the Shelly ht plus is asleep?

1 Like

I alson installed the 2022.9 and i havent found the sensors yet. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

I have played with the mqtt template. And the sensors seem to sleep a lot. They seem to only wake up and send a new temp when they detect a difference of 0.5 degrees (C) since the last value transmitted.

I found the sensor in home assistant when I woke the h&t plus by pressing the button once, then deleting the sensor from home assistant and adding it again.

Have been following this as well as have a number of H&T Plus devices I want to include, but so far unable to get any useable information out of it. 2022.9 at least shows the temperature and humidity, but just reports as being “unavailable”. Have plugged the device in via USB power and still not getting any regular updates.

I created a Mqtt template sensor as desceibed earlier in this topic. Works for me when the thermometer sends updates. It is not often…

Pretty new to Home Assistant but struggling a little with the H&T Plus sensors, have attempted to update one to use MQTT and still waiting to see if it publishes anything… Have 12 of them sat here but so far not quite what I wanted :-/

I made a helper (min/max/mean with most recently updated ) and now it kind of works…

It updates when there is bigger change but for some reason not quite as often as on shelly cloud .

So usable but not perfect.