Problem with Shelly new ht plus sensor

Plus HT is not yet supported in HA core. You can use Shellies Discovery Gen2 to configure the device right now.

With Shellies Discovery Gen2 this device is fully supported

1 Like

Just got the Shelly Plus H&T in the mail and have it connected to wifi. It was discovered by home assistant and I have the temperature and humidity entities, but as soon as the device goes to sleep Home Assistant lists it as unavailable.

Using Home Assistant 2022.9.2
Shelly Plus H&T has firmware version 0.11.0 (20220830-130838/0.11.0-gfa1bc37)

Hoping someone has any tips, and if not then I guess it is a bug and will have to find out if it is a shelly-problem or a home assistant-problem.

There is an issue registered with Home Assistant regarding this problem.

Hopefully it will be resolved in a future update.

Thanks a lot for the update @Bieniu. I have noticed you are also replying in the GitHub thread. Do you perhaps know when this is planned to be fixed in the home assistant core, without needing to use your python solution?

HA 2022.10 if there will be no surprises/problems.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply, and awesome work. Will be waiting for the 2022.10 update :wink:

3 Likes

2022.10 didnā€™t seem to fix the sleep problem.Still shows as ā€œunavalibleā€. Perhaps Shelly can fix sp the device doesnā€™t go into sleep when connexted to external power.

3 Likes

For me it is also the same problem. @Bieniu do you know what is going on?

Yeah I know, the device is still not supported.

1 Like

Do you think it will be implemented in 2022.11?

1 Like

What can I say, it will be released when it is ready, as always.

2 Likes

Look forward to it. Iā€™ve just got one of these. Seems a decent piece of kit.

Iā€™m really missing the integration of the Shelly Plus H&T sensor in HA. Tried to reset it a few times but still nothing to see in HA.

Iā€™ve only just got this device and hating it already.

Iā€™ve hardwired the USB so it always has power, why does it still sleep?
And I hate the e-ink display, no easy way to tell if batteries/power is good to the unit as its always on.

I think the sleep problem should be fixed in 2022.11. 2022.11: Beta release notes - Home Assistant

Problems of it showing anything might be solved but I donā€™t think HA can do anything to the fact that it reports way too slowly.

I like it as a device but using it for temp monitoring or thermostat is painful.

It reports only if temp has changed over 0.5C and partly because of that it under and over shoots a lot if used as a thermostat.

I hope Shelly will let us change the reporting to live if powered.

I just intall 2022.11: Beta release but the issue is always here :frowning:

Works ok here, other than a slightly annoying bug that it gets confused between C. and F. when you restart HA:

(Spikes in graph are Home Assistant restarts)

Ok now it works fine. I had to restart HA :slight_smile:

Man, I was really happy with all my Shelly stuff so far, but this sensor is terrible, especially when compared to any other Hygrometer I own. Canā€™t believe they are selling this at such a premium.

1 Like