Problem with Shelly new ht plus sensor

Are you referring to that?

Can you share some instructions on how to setup the socket url? What i need to specify?
Sorry but since now I always used the CoIoT

I’m courios to learn more

2 Likes

Thank you @nickrout , I totally missed the meaning of the note :frowning:
I learned something today, THANK YOU!!!

2 Likes

because it it doesn’t it will heat up and give incorrect values. It’s asked a lot on their FB page and this is always the answer…

I cannot make working my Shelly Plus H&T (non entities)
Firmware version: 0.11.4
(no problem with another Shelly H&T using CoIoT).
On configuration page there isn’t any field to enable “Outbound websocket”.
Only Cloud, MQTT, and standard WebHooks.

Home Assistant 2022.11.2
Am i missing anything?
Thanks

Reply to myself…
After invoking (using browser):

http://192.168.xxx.yyy/rpc/Ws.SetConfig?config={“enable”:true, “ssl_ca”:"*", “server”:“ws://192.168.xxx.zzz:8123/api/shelly/ws”}

The option to configure “Outboud websocket” became visible on network configuration.

192.168.xxx.yyy : address of Shelly Plus HT
192.168.xxx.zzz : address of HA

You can also get current websocket configuration:

http://192.168.xxx.yyy/rpc/Ws.GetConfig

2 Likes

For reference: Outbound Websocket | Shelly Technical Documentation

1 Like

@ptomasini ,

please have a look here

I was puzzled by this as well. Problem was that the firmware the Shelly was shipped with didn’t have the “Outbound websocket” option. After updating to the latest firmware the option still didn’t show up. A simple refresh of the “Network settings” page did the trick.

I also had the problem with the “outbound websocket” option not appearing - it sorted itself out eventually though and I got it set up. All working very well now with standard firmware and the Shelly integration - It’s updating every 5 minutes or so, with none of the issues the OP had.

Offtopic… how much does the battery last?

@gaRFio01 I guess nobody can really tell, since this is a fairly new product. All I can tell you that within the 10 days I have this device, battery went down from 100% to 98%. When I get bored I’m gonna measure power consumption over a day or so.

Can someone do a writeup exactly how to get this working? What ssl connectivity settings in the Shelly websocket settings, Is the url to the websocket ws or wss if you have DuckDNS/https enabled in HA? Is there a way to verify that HA is listening on ws://192.168.xxx.zzz:8123/api/shelly/ws ? In the Shelly device i cannot “light” up" the websocket connection icon.

2 Likes

Just got it working, here is a small write up:

1. Go to your Shelly app and select your Shelly H&T Plus device > Settings > Networks > Outbound websocket ? select ca.pem. And write below it ws://192.168.1.xxx:8123/api/shelly/ws
    Offcourse replace the xxx with your own numbers. Then press save. Now reboot the shelly device
  2. Go to your home assistent app. Delete the old integration of Shelly H&T Plus if you have any
  3. Now press the button on the Shelly H&T plus device (the small black button on the back next to the batteries. Now the device will go to “Set” on display.
  4. Now wait untill the Home Assistant app sees the shelly H&T plus integration. Add it.
  5. It can take some time untill you see the sensors there.

This worked for me, hope it helps.

8 Likes

Nice. For me, it is not working. The WebSocket is connected, but the device doesn’t appear in the list of devices, nor the entities, even if it says that the device is already configured. Where should I find the entities and how can I use the device? Thanks for any ideas.
Selection_043

Selection_045

Did you miss 2 above?

Exactly what i did. Cannot get the websocket to connect though. Is there anyway to check that the shelly api is working in HA? I got 20+ Gen1 devices that are working without problems. The Shelly Integration has been installed since it was first released and iäm running a standard HA on RPi.

You should stick to the documentation:

Use the a local IP address instead of a FQDN for your web socket. Also “wss://” might not be working, use “ws://” instead.

Then you should be golden.

Nope, when documentation and examples doesn’t help you have to ask right! There’s not so many things to tweak other then ws\wss and ssl settings. Punched a hole in the firewall and successfully connected via wss to the service from online tester at Online Websockets Tester - Debug Client Tool so i think i can rule out the Shelly integration.
Gonna try a factory reset of the device next time i’m on location.