Problem with Shelly new ht plus sensor

true…i fully agree worst shelly so far

Even with 2022.11?

I have two old Shelly T&H and one Shelly T&H Plus and they give the same temperature and humidity value to each other and compared with a netatmo.
Now that it is compatible with Home Assistant I am very satisfied.

@pierpippo

can you please share me the way you integrated the HT Plus. I have three of them and with 2022.11 b5 i do not get values at all. Before, under 2022.10, it was reported once and the values timed out when device went to sleep mode.

The HT’s are running the latest firmware 0.11.4. I deleted them in HA and was waiting they are found as integration again. Once they pop up and i configure them they do not even create entitities.

Not sure why it worse now or what i do wrong, highly appreciated to get a hint.

Thank you
mole

PS: MQTT is confirmed to be received

1 Like

Yes I am having the same issue, deleted the integration and re-configured 2 x HT Pls units however there is no temp of Humidity entities? Running 2022.11 and the latest Shelly firmware. Also restarted HA without success

If you are using MQTT then you aren’t using the HA integration. Have you tried that?

@nickrout

looks like there is no difference. Tested following:

-switched off MQTT on ShellyPlusHT
-deleted the device under Shelly Integration
-rebooted the PlusHT
-got autodiscovered again
-no entitities created after sending the configuration for the found device

Same issue was reported under git issue 81437 but also the work around with adding by IP adress is not working. It finds the device with correct name, but no entities.

However, as this thread is closed i will continue in mentioned Issue on git.

thanks for your help.

br mole

Just as a duplicate here:
For everyone like me that runs homeassistant with https: Also the websocket needs to be configured to use TLS by adding an S to the protocol like:
wss://192.168.1.100:8123/api/shelly/ws

After that change, my entities were populated. Cheers

4 Likes

I wanted to try that, but the new Beta firmware (0.12b1) doesn’t allow the ‘wss:’ handler…

Experience thus far: two of my existing H&T’s started having a units issue which required removing and renaming to get them sorted as of 11.0. The Plus H&T has thus far resisted all attempts to get it to populate entities without MQTT, including configuring the web socket on the device to point to wss://

Interested in anyone’s experience that has resulted in getting entities out of this without resorting to MQTT (I’ve already got MQTT messages published to HA, I’d just rather the integration handled it).

Hi, so far the only way to integrate it is to use the mqtt. Correct?
The shelly integration doesn’t expose the sensors. Correct?

I’m on the latest HA and I have everything 100% stock Shelly Integration, I’m getting temp, humidity and battery sensors:

You have to follow the guide to the letter including adding in the websocket URL and having the Shelly in “Set” when first configuring.

Are you referring to that?

Can you share some instructions on how to setup the socket url? What i need to specify?
Sorry but since now I always used the CoIoT

I’m courios to learn more

2 Likes

Thank you @nickrout , I totally missed the meaning of the note :frowning:
I learned something today, THANK YOU!!!

2 Likes

because it it doesn’t it will heat up and give incorrect values. It’s asked a lot on their FB page and this is always the answer…

I cannot make working my Shelly Plus H&T (non entities)
Firmware version: 0.11.4
(no problem with another Shelly H&T using CoIoT).
On configuration page there isn’t any field to enable “Outbound websocket”.
Only Cloud, MQTT, and standard WebHooks.

Home Assistant 2022.11.2
Am i missing anything?
Thanks

Reply to myself…
After invoking (using browser):

http://192.168.xxx.yyy/rpc/Ws.SetConfig?config={“enable”:true, “ssl_ca”:"*", “server”:“ws://192.168.xxx.zzz:8123/api/shelly/ws”}

The option to configure “Outboud websocket” became visible on network configuration.

192.168.xxx.yyy : address of Shelly Plus HT
192.168.xxx.zzz : address of HA

You can also get current websocket configuration:

http://192.168.xxx.yyy/rpc/Ws.GetConfig

2 Likes

For reference: Outbound Websocket | Shelly Technical Documentation

1 Like

@ptomasini ,

please have a look here