Procedure to re-pairing the device in zigbee2mqtt

Hi, I’ve just started using CC2531 with zigbee2mqtt and paired some of my Aqara motion sensors and Aqara double key wall switch (QBKG03LM) without neutral versions. Everything seems to working fine for couple of weeks until i shutdown the Hassio to install the 3D printed casing to the CC2531 and start the Hassio.

Ever since, I noticed one of the key of one of my Aqara double key wall switch (i have two paired with coordinator) will tend to miss fire with the following error in zigbee2mqtt’s log. The miss fired wall switch is very close to CC2531 and my CC2531 has an external antenna, so I don’t think it is due to range issue.

Error: Data request failed with error: 'MAC no ack' (233)

I’m thinking to remove the wall switch from zigbee2mqtt and try to re-pair, see if it will solve the problem. However, I’m kinda confused with the right and clean way to remove a paired device as I saw some of the posts mentioned we need to delete the entry in database.db and I don’t know where is this database.db is located.

Can someone here guide me on right way to delete a paired device? And i will need to re-pair them.

Thanks in advance.

If you are running Home Assistant or Home Assistant Superivsed, install the Zigbee2Mqtt add-on. There you can click on the device and choose remove.

I’m running Hass.io and using the Zigbee2Mqtt add-on. However, I didn’t see the device removal option in the Zigbee2Mqtt add-on page.

I’m encountering the following error when I’m trying to install the zigbee2mqtt assistant add-on.
Any idea what’s going wrong? Or is there other method to install the add-on?

20-04-07 09:28:27 INFO (SyncWorker_16) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image carldebilly/zigbee2mqttassistant tag 0.3.147.
20-04-07 09:35:15 ERROR (SyncWorker_16) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install carldebilly/zigbee2mqttassistant:0.3.147 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("error parsing HTTP 408 response body: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value: "<html><body><h1>408 Request Time-out</h1>\nYour browser didn't send a complete request in time.\n</body></html>\n\n"").

Just try again. Might have been a bad connection.

I’m able to install the addon now by updating the Supervisor. However, I do have a question regarding the updates of different component in Hass.io.

See my another post of this: Supervisor, Home Assistant Core and Operating System Updates

I have installed zigbee2mqtt Assistant hoping to fix a motion sensor that has been paired but the linkquality is 0. When I click on the remove this device button, I get this error. If I copy the link and paste in a new browser, it says 401 unauthorized.

It sounds like your motion sensor is not responding to your zigbee2mqtt. Have you check your zigbee2mqtt log after you click remove device? If the remove device execute successfully, you should see the zigbee2mqtt trying to send a mqtt message to remove device in the log.

Or try to do a force remove and then check the zigbee2mqtt log. If still fail, you can actually send a mqtt message to remove the device.

there is no log stating anything about deleting the device in zigbee2mqtt zigbee2mqtt assistant or the main HA log.
How do I manually delete the device and start over not using the zigbee2mqtt assistant.

I have tried the following steps, but when I restart z2m, it automatically create the device again.
Stop z2m add-on
Delete the device in mqtt broker
Delete the device entry in devices.yaml
Restart z2m add-on.

Use force remove, either manually or through zigbee2mqtt assistant.