Programmatically read data from your Solar Inverter (Voltronic, Axpert, Mppsolar PIP, Voltacon, Effekta etc) and interface with Home Assistant via MQTT - Works with RS232 & USB!

sorry no clue.
maybe your inverter have another protocol(maybe updated) that this development do not know to parse it.
check with the right command what protocol you have(see documentation attached on github)

somebody here already managed to do it automatically at startup. pls check it

Thanks, this inverter already works when used with a RPi 4 and your fork, this is trying to make use of a Orange Pi 3 LTS, so not sure what could be as it works with QMOD…!?

Aaaaaa, then probably it is from docker image. you need something that suit your orange pi hw.

Thanks for the response, what would i be looking for to change?
Any links to help will be appreciated please

Hello All,
I got a clone voltronic inverter and would like to inport datas to my Home assistant database (InfluxDB)
1 - I’m using a RS232 - Wifi (TCP) device to connect the inverter to my network and would like to use this way of communication (TCP)
2 - My Home assistant OS is running into a Proxmox server

Questions :
1 - Is it possible to use this applcation into an LXC …?
2 - Is it possible to redirect data to TCP instead of RS232/USB, datas have to be sent in an RTS232 format, so it’s just a redirection … TCP port instead of USB or RS232 port.

Thanks a lot.

Has anyone managed to get second MPPT/PV2 output?

not that I’ve seen

Where sorry?

I just setup my system and i have 2x inverters in parallel with both reading. i am using the docker setup so all i did was run 2 dockers of the reader one for each inverter. if i reboot the machine i have to figure out which hidraw they are again but thats the only quirk.

a little silly perhaps but it works easily. you just have to change the service and container name of the second one in the docker-compose.yml so that they dont conflict. this lets me make my power use watts bar a sum of the two which is nice.

I have 3 inverters I saw how to run multiple instances, but each inverter has 2 MPPT’s so only half my solar production is being reported.

I ordered a Raspberry Pi to install solpiplog on and see if it reports PV1 and PV2 or something, but I think it and solar assistant boths have in there changelogs updates to show PV1/2 on MPP.

This shows you how to statically assign your hidraw numbering.

Has the recent docker changes meant anything to this project?

My raspberry pi arrvied and I got solpiplog running.

The second mppt is stored in QPIGS2, there is:
PV Input Current 2 A:
PV Input Voltage 2 V:
PV Charging power 2 W:
PV TOTAL charge power W:

Did you managed it to connect via usb-rs232(rj45)?

1 Like

Is there somebody who can help me pls on discord how to do this? i can speak english or romanian :slight_smile:

I dont understand what is that docker and why would i need it? I do have a perfect ha on my raspberry pi 3 and i only want to comnect my easun inverters, do i need to use that docker?

Hello. I want to make it clear for myself because i’ve read alot of comments here and never find out can i use my Odroid N2 and use some of the USB’s to get the data from my inverter and how i can install the docker image on my Odroid N2 which is running Home Assistant OS? Is there any addon to control docker on HA OS?

icedog said:
Hello, I need help if it is possible, of course. So my idea is to receive data not every 10 sec, maybe every 1 or 5 sec. Is it possible to make it or not? If it possible how to make it?
I found in sources/inverter-mqtt/mqtt-push.sh have 10 seconds timeout but when I have changed it to 5, the inverter has keep send data every 10 sec. So I think maybe other should be change.

Thank you for your answer in the advance, and many thanks about other help before I setup the system to work if you remember. :slight_smile:

me:
Hello, please use public. in this way everybody will benefit and maybe others have other info.
If I remember correctly that it is for mqtt push. It is another place/code for asking the inverter. Both need to be lowered. And be sure after you modify the files you need also to update the docker files, compose command if I remember correctly(I also made this mistake). Follow my instructions on github.
I should also warn you that lowering the intervals can push the limits of your inverter cpu or your rasbpi, witch can lead to make inverter to be unresponsive/freeze or burn your communication board of the inverter. I did that (burn it) when I used a low update interval, but I am not sure, maybe was also because I have used a usb to lan to usb cable(10meter long).
Also take in consideration if your rasbpi it is not powerful you will change the update interval for nothing.

To reply also for the last replies. There is also possible to use another tool to get info from inverter with a project from esphome(mpp) with a cheap development board(esp32) and a serial converter. I personally did find time to try it and because I already have a working solution. But I’m eager to know from you if it is ok.

Have a good day!

Nobody here wants to answear my question? :frowning:

Do i have to install another os on my rass. Py 3 or docker its a addon?
I would really apreciate if someone explain step by step how they did it

i have this solar inverter, can anyone handle wifi module with pi? screenshot attached for what app they offer…

hi, i have the same issue, do you resolve it any how ?