Proximity Integration Tolerance

I am trying to understand the Proximity Integration, so if I have a single zone create via settings/areas/zone and this zone is about 100 meters wide. I then I create my proximity config around this zone and add a single tracker and set the tolerance to 10 meters.

Firstly; what does the tolerance mean? does is mean if the tracker moves inside my 100 meter zone by less than 10 meters then no event will be triggered? if so, unsure why you would want an event on movement within a zone.

Secondly; when performing an automation using this zone and the state is equal to 1 (m) does that mean the tracker is within 1 (m) of the edge of the zone or within 1 (m) to the center of the zone?

Billy, Did you ever get an answer to this question? (I don’t see one.)

I have the same question. I have set up my Proximity integration in configuration.yaml to use “yd” rather than the default of “km”. If my automation looks to trigger 500 yards from the zone, does that mean 500-yards from the center, or the edge of the zone? (The documentation on Zones suggest the center, as a zone is defined as a Lat/Lon + radius, but maybe some kind expert can confirm this?)